Notices

NX NterCooler

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX NterCooler

Has anyone used a NX NterCooler Intercooler freezer? They are pretty expensive and you need a bottle of NOS in ur car. Is it worth it or is it just a 'coolness' factor?

Also, I just installed an Fmax turbo kit with a T3/T4 turbo. Well before taking my car off the lot of the installation shop, the turbo started dumping smoke into the exhaust system and some smoke was coming from inbetween the turbine housing and the downpipe. Shop said it was due to a faulty seal and claims to have seen this alot with Turbonetic's turbos. So i sent it back and Turbonetics claims one of the stage 3 wheels was 'bent somehow'. They said that was the problem. I dunno. Has anyone heard of this happening? As a result, my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. I want my car!!!

Latta,
Kack
Old 08-08-2003, 04:57 AM

Default Re: NX NterCooler (Kack)

do not waste your time on the nx cooler. It looks good but it feels like cutting the a/c off, not alot of difference for the buck.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:11 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone used a NX NterCooler Intercooler freezer? They are pretty expensive and you need a bottle of NOS in ur car. Is it worth it or is it just a 'coolness' factor?

Also, I just installed an Fmax turbo kit with a T3/T4 turbo. Well before taking my car off the lot of the installation shop, the turbo started dumping smoke into the exhaust system and some smoke was coming from inbetween the turbine housing and the downpipe. Shop said it was due to a faulty seal and claims to have seen this alot with Turbonetic's turbos. So i sent it back and Turbonetics claims one of the stage 3 wheels was 'bent somehow'. They said that was the problem. I dunno. Has anyone heard of this happening? As a result, my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. I want my car!!!

Latta,
Kack</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont see how a bent wheel would cause all that smoke. u sure its not the install shop "relaying" info from turbonetics. smoke from the dp means the dp wasnt bolted tight enough ... it should have been coming out from your tailpipe. I hope this shop you are at is reputable. GL with your buildup
Old 08-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX NterCooler (psileepR)

I'm not sure how much the NX cooler costs, i remember it being pretty darn pricey however. It's not worth the money or trouble. Just imagine the cost of having to refill that thing every so often.

Danny
Old 08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX NterCooler (R6Elmo)

its not useless, ive seen it gain around 50whp in race-prepped motors... you can fill it with c02 which is much cheaper than n02, and you can get c02 at any local sporting store. its not bad for the street considering if your car is heatsoaked from driving around alot and you catch a race at the light, you now have the option of making your intercooler a giant ice cube. also its only 150$

intercoolertechniques.com
Old 08-08-2003, 11:48 AM

Default Re: NX NterCooler (psileepR)

well, smoke was coming out from where the DP was attached to the turbo AND the tailpipe. Oil was leaking from the DP/Turbo aswell. Could there have been too much oil pressure causing a backup of oil? Did he not tap the Oil pan right or something? How are you supposed to tap it?

Is 150$ worth getting the Co2 cooler for the intercooler?
Old 08-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

who knows how it works in low power applications, be the first to test it on the dyno on HT and let us know