Notices

not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ???

bought this used greddy kit from a member here,had majestic rebuild the turbo,and FINALLY got it put on.(for a measally $175).I ******' LOVE IT!,but man....that thing puts out some heat!!!is that normal?i drove it alittle,parked it,hour later come back to change the plugs and still freakin' hot!!temp gauge for the car stays normal.air fuel still shows stoich to rich,all the heat seams to come from the turbo and manifold.also,do you have to do any kind of "break-in"process on the turbo,as in no boosting or drive it easy for a few thousand miles?AND to top that off,the exhaust manifold bolts keep coming loose!!!will red hi temp lock tight help or "double nut em"!thanks for all the peeps here at honda tech.i get alot of ???'s answered and not alot of bull.heres the install,fmic has been straightened and the bumper cut on monday.the i.c.got damaged in shipping,was going to be 30 - 45 days for claim ya'll think this greddy i.c. is big enough?? motor shot my neet little gauge pod after i drove for the first time,i had one of these oops,i guess i had 2 !!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (pickup1)

yea i think it normal for the manifold and turbo to stay hot for a while
Old 08-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (pickup1)

Yeah, the motor will stay hot for a while.
It's August in the metroplex man, try seeing how long it takes to cool off in December. It just takes a while to cool off because its so damned hot here.

IC looks plenty big. Type24 right? Does it leak at all? if not just straighten out the fins.

Congrats on being boosted!!!

J
Old 08-17-2003, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (bluboy)

Nice ride
Happy Boosting
Old 08-17-2003, 02:03 AM

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (Kutsuju_SLeePER)

its a very nice ride bro on top of that dont you feel like maybe you have obstructed your view with the guages on the dash. But looks nice though im tryin to go turbo myself hee hee
Old 08-17-2003, 06:35 AM

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (preluder)

actually,the view is not bad,doesnt block my view that bad.plus it was nicer than drilling my pillar for gauges.anybody got any ideas on the loosing manifold nuts?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:41 AM

My manifold nuts loosened until I used high-temp thread locker on them. After that no more problems. Set-up looks good.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (KamikazeSol)

Nice setup man...that IC is definately big enough. Ive got a question for you...how much did it cost to get majestic to rebuild the turbo for you? I am in need of a rebuild right now and people around here are telling me that theyll have to send it off to get rebuilt and that itll cost over $300. And on top of that they said the turn around time could be 3 weeks. Anyway...nice setup man and happy boosting. Later.

Sean
Old 08-17-2003, 07:44 AM

Default Re: not pretty,but pulls hard.finally boosting...need help with a couple of ??? (sCeRaXn)

check this out https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=578940 this is when he did mine.just the seals were bad,went thru the whole thing and balanced the turbo too.$250,1 day turn around.
_______

Old 08-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Vice President/CEO

looks great man.. nice d-series setup. I'm gonna do my d setup probly next month. YOu went HKS SSQ BOV? How do you like it? I got the same one'

Would be cool to see ur ride in person' I'm jus outside of dallas.

kENNy
Old 08-17-2003, 11:13 AM

nice to see that project done
as for the mani nuts, check them every couple of days and retighten them. if necessary, use the stock self-locking mani nuts and see how they do. i had only the two end nuts loosen off and fall out before i noticed them. i put on the stock ones and they stayed on fine without any threadlocker.
good luck man
Old 08-17-2003, 11:21 AM

that intercooler is way too big for a sohc,,,, why do all the cutting and hacking when you could have gotten a more efficient spearco and saved your bumper supports and other **** under there? nice setup though,, welcome to the fucked up world of forced induction,,,,,