Notices

Nos Install where to mount the bottle,tips??

Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos Install where to mount the bottle,tips??

Okay this will be my 1st time installing Nos. I want have it within arms reach maybe floorboard,behind e-brake where console because I don't have a bottle opener its not a must just a preference. If its better in the trunk for my motor and performance then it'll go thier. I've heard its better to have the line longer so it does'nt hit so hard but i'm a newb.

What are some tips to save me some trouble?

I will be running a 50 shot wet nitrous express kit on my b16. Its a EF hatch with CAI,4-2-1 header,apex catback,skunk2 intake manifold,ctr intake cam.

Will I surely see the 13's in the 1/4??

It ran a 14.4 on drag radials before the CTR intake cam install.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Nos Install where to mount the bottle,tips?? (Samuels)

you want your feed line as short as possible. what you're thinking of is the line between the solenoid and the nozzle, this is the one you to be a bit longer
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So whats a better spot floorboard front passenger side,middle console,rear floorboard or my trunk to put mount the bottle.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Samuels)

You want the bottle valve to face the front of the car and be tilted up in the front.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man any other tips from the experienced guys?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Samuels)

hey6 guys sorry to bring back the old thread... but have a question on this same topic. is it safe to put the bottle in the cabin? a shop told me that its best to have it in the trunk in case it "overheats and blows up." is it really that dangerous?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (tweekerz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tweekerz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> a shop told me that its best to have it in the trunk in case it "overheats and blows up." is it really that dangerous? </TD></TR></TABLE>

apparently you need to re-watch f&f yo!

lol

a bottle can explode but it'll take a crapload of pressure to do that. trunk gets just as hot as the cabin does but doesnt get the occasional a/c

mainly its because there's some areas with laws against nitrous in the cabin. It's illegal to get caught on the street with a nitrous bottle on, but legal with it off. Thus, some areas made it illegal to have the bottle close to you so you cant just turn it off before the cop walks up and spots it and checks it.

There was a guy that got around this by getting a large duffel bag and putting the bottle inside it and then mounting it all to the floorboard. nobody knew any different. even helped him cheat at a few street races...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

apparently you need to re-watch f&f yo!

lol

a bottle can explode but it'll take a crapload of pressure to do that. trunk gets just as hot as the cabin does but doesnt get the occasional a/c

mainly its because there's some areas with laws against nitrous in the cabin. It's illegal to get caught on the street with a nitrous bottle on, but legal with it off. Thus, some areas made it illegal to have the bottle close to you so you cant just turn it off before the cop walks up and spots it and checks it.

There was a guy that got around this by getting a large duffel bag and putting the bottle inside it and then mounting it all to the floorboard. nobody knew any different. even helped him cheat at a few street races...</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol thats what i thought. while the guy was talking i thought green flames, and "you'll blow yourself to pieces!"

thanks for the info.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:26 AM
0x5359-0055

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (tweekerz)

tuck it under the passenger seat cushion like Terreto

Old 08-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Vt4cPwn35)

-If you mount a nitrous bottle inside the cabin you need to have an external blow off tube
-All nitrous bottles have a blow off/burst disc which discharges all bottle pressure, and are set for approx 3000 psi. A good operating range of bottle pressure is 950-1150 PSI.
-The blow off tube routes the released nitrous outside of the vehicle so that your lungs arn't harmed by the sulfur in automotive grade nitrous
-The burst nitrous bottle you're thinking of, in the back of that maxima, is a freak-freak accident. Not only did the blow off valve fail, but the bottle heater failed lett the bottle pressure skyrocket, and the bottle itself failed sooner than it probably should have
-As was mentioned, to get all the nitrous out of the bottle you want the bottle facing forwards in the car with the valve pointed up at an angle. The nitrous is contained inside the bottle as a liquid, and for the siphon tube to pick up all of the nitrous it needs to be mounted this way