Notices

Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction?

I remember reading that on here before, and wasn't sure if I remember correctly or not. If anyone can help me out and explain why or why not it's better to go with non-VTEC for forced induction I'd be happy.

Just seem to remember that VTEC is better for all motor, non-VTEC is better for forced induction.

or ?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (Justin_Bradley)

extremely false. but turbo non-vtecs seem to make more torque.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:29 PM

no! vtec is better for boost since when vtec hits u get better and more oil presure... i think...and fuel but if your chipped then you dont have to worry... Why do u think everyone does mini then boost??
Old 11-06-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (flip1199)

^^^^ false that is..
Old 11-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no! vtec is better for boost since when vtec hits u get better and more oil presure... i think...and fuel but if your chipped then you dont have to worry... Why do u think everyone does mini then boost??</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow dont post anymore
Old 11-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no! vtec is better for boost since when vtec hits u get better and more oil presure... i think...and fuel but if your chipped then you dont have to worry... Why do u think everyone does mini then boost??</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahhahahahahahhahaha
Old 11-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (Soccerking3000)

Wow comon guys...not a single good explanation yet.

Vtec itself is good for boost since it changes the cam lobe to a better profile in the higher revs.

The reason people say VTEC is bad is because most Vtec are higher compression motors then non Vtec engines (10:1 for the GSR and 9.1:1 for the LS) higher compression is a little harder to tune and doesn't give much room for error as far as tuning goes, but it can easily be done and makes great power.

LS motors make more torque because of 2 things:
1.) the stroke is longer which = more torque
2.) The head itsn't as efficient so more boost is required for the same HP as a GSR leading to more torque and the same HP

Hope that clears everything up and all the rumors associated
Old 11-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your kidding right?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (highmilehatch)

hahaha congrats dude, u made my signature
Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (B18 CYA)

thats how someone explained it to me anyways i know its better.. thot it was the oil thing but could be somethign else eaither way i know its better and EVERYONE that is talking **** im just trying to help unlike you *** holes who just get on and post to make fun of ppl trying to learn.!

SR-hatch says:
just cuz it has better exhaust flo
BoOsTeD HaTcH..... BiTchEs!!!! says:
are you sure
GSR-hatch says:
so boost hits fast

thanks what a buddy told me hope it helps man
Old 11-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow comon guys...not a single good explanation yet.

Vtec itself is good for boost since it changes the cam lobe to a better profile in the higher revs.

The reason people say VTEC is bad is because most Vtec are higher compression motors then non Vtec engines (10:1 for the GSR and 9.1:1 for the LS) higher compression is a little harder to tune and doesn't give much room for error as far as tuning goes, but it can easily be done and makes great power.

LS motors make more torque because of 2 things:
1.) the stroke is longer which = more torque
2.) The head itsn't as efficient so more boost is required for the same HP as a GSR leading to more torque and the same HP

Hope that clears everything up and all the rumors associated </TD></TR></TABLE>

One other thing worth mentioning is since there are two different cam profiles some people find it harder to tune through the VTEC transition point.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (BlueShadow)

Of course non-VTEC is better. That would explain why, all things equal, a GSR always puts down a good chunk of power more than an LS with identical setups.

Wait.. that doesn't explain it at all.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:39 AM

It works well, but if you have a weak pump or low oil then say bye bye to your motor as vtec itself will draw more from the oil supply as well as the turbo. Which is why some say it's super bad.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea oil pressure yields power gains fucktard
Old 11-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Of course non-VTEC is better. That would explain why, all things equal, a GSR always puts down a good chunk of power more than an LS with identical setups.

Wait.. that doesn't explain it at all.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL!

Stick with a VTEC motor. If you can't tune it correctly with the transition, find a new tuner.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man... some people....

vtec is not this magical monster that lives in your head that makes more power; it is the ability to switch between two cam profiles; nothing more nothing less.

i like it; i use it; but i dont think its a magical omen; i like it because i get 40mpg and have good top end
Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea oil pressure yields power gains fucktard</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, I put a super duper high flow oil pump on my stock B18C and now I'm making around 250whp.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (EVIL Hx Coupe)

LOL. This thread is funny
Old 11-07-2005, 07:31 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (boostfeen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostfeen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL. This thread is funny </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, i have been laughing at this thread..
Old 11-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (Pay2play killa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pay2play killa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man... some people....

vtec is not this magical monster that lives in your head that makes more power; it is the ability to switch between two cam profiles; nothing more nothing less.

i like it; i use it; but i dont think its a magical omen; i like it because i get 40mpg and have good top end</TD></TR></TABLE>hmmm i always though that people put vtec heads on is because of its head design n the fact that vtec heads flow better then non-vtec heads.

And i dont think non-vtec set-ups make more tq due to the tq, i think it has more to do with the valve/port sizing. A smaller port/valve will usually give more low end power but suffer on the high end when it becomes more difficult for it to flow.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (drchulo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drchulo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm i always though that people put vtec heads on is because of its head design n the fact that vtec heads flow better then non-vtec heads.

And i dont think non-vtec set-ups make more tq due to the tq, i think it has more to do with the valve/port sizing. A smaller port/valve will usually give more low end power but suffer on the high end when it becomes more difficult for it to flow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly; guess i should have gone into more detail

its in the cylinder head; vtec is vtec not magic; power lies in the head and cam profile
Old 11-07-2005, 08:42 AM

I think we should all be laughing at the member who created the thread not the people replying.

How long has honda-tech been around and how long have people been turbo-ing hondas? DO YOU THINK YOUR THE FIRST ONE TO ASK THIS QUESTION? IF YOU DO, YOU'RE A DUMB F U C K! SEARCH!!

I shouldn't say this, but I see posts like this almost every week and it gets old.....

Modified by Stewie at 12:53 PM 11/7/2005
Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (drchulo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drchulo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm i always though that people put vtec heads on is because of its head design n the fact that vtec heads flow better then non-vtec heads.

And i dont think non-vtec set-ups make more tq due to the tq, i think it has more to do with the valve/port sizing. A smaller port/valve will usually give more low end power but suffer on the high end when it becomes more difficult for it to flow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Werd, I was waiting for someone to touch on that. A good example is look at the d-series setups, there are a few people making similar power #'s with just a non-vtec head and a cam; because the heads themselves arent really different are far as flow, and port design.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (Unsivil_audio)

Blue=Nonvtec & Red=vtec.....vtec sucks if you ask me.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Blue=Nonvtec & Red=vtec.....vtec sucks if you ask me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you just disable the VTEC for the blue line run and leave the VTEC head on?

Quick Reply: Non-VTEC better for Fordced Induction?