Nitrous'd LS non-vtec. or LS turbo'd..lmk

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous'd LS non-vtec. or LS turbo'd..lmk

ok people need some advice im either going to go top mount twin scroll gt4088r or do a stock bore/sleeve ls with block guard 11:1 cp pistons eagle rods and ls p75 head with full crower valvetrain and 404 cams skunk 2 intake and rmf header on 200shot wet direct port... which way to go.. lmk, I know boost is better but im just looking for some coersion, right now im looking at biggest bang for the buck i already have the ls head with cams etc and intake all i'd have to buy is the spray(know a kit for $200) and rods and pistons.. car will be dyno tuned and street driven in a 99 teg.. im really indecisive right now but just post up what you think. Normally i'd be all about boost but I have seen wrath's nitrous eg in action along with others and the damn things scoot... just lmk..
Old 02-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Icon7 Re: Nitrous'd LS non-vtec. or LS turbo'd..lmk

A Gt40 (or 200shot) for a street car? Are you nucking futs? Please step into the door marked "REALITY", its really not a bad place.

You need to worry more about being indecisive about your actual goal, rather than about what F.I. method to use. A 500whp street car with FWD that has a torque ramp a GT40 (or 200shot) gives you will be much slower because you won't have control over wheel spin. Staged boost control or nitrous will help, but at a price: you'll still have terrible response/lag due to such an oversized turbo, and a staged n2o setup will add tons of complexity, price, and points of failure.

The problems you face using that turbo with the LS head, even if its a spectacular example of porting, is the unimpressive way it will spool the turbo VS a vtec head for a similar power level. You also have the inate problems of the non-vtec head at very high RPM's, mainly how the rockers love to go fishing in the oil pan.

If you plan on a fast street car, a larger GT30-sized turbo is more than enough. You'll be able to spin drag radials in 4th at full boost, except with twice the powerband [on a non-vtec head] of any GT40.

If your intended goal is to build a dyno queen that will make 14yr old boys wet at the local gas station/bar, well forget everything I've said. That's exactly what your proposed parts will do for you.