Notices

NItrous Setups and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NItrous Setups and questions.

I am looking to purchase a nitrous system in the near future for my basically stock 1999 honda civic si. I will have the basic bolt ons. i/h/e. I was looking into getting a dry kit to spray between a 50 and 75 shot. I heard a lot of good things about NX and NOS brand kits. Is there any other kits that are a good value or any other suggestions. Thankyou for your help.

*and if you have a kit forsale post it or let me know. *
Old 02-20-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (R_star)

pm sent
Old 02-20-2005, 07:11 PM

nos wet system aren't too bad ireally like mine.

Modified by baseballinmyass at 9:43 AM 2/21/2005
Old 02-20-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

direct port is the way
Old 02-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (Burns)

go with a zex kit, it is technically a dry kit but it raises the fuel pressure as you spray so you wont run as lean. Its also the easiest to install
Old 02-20-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (Burns)

agreed direct port is the best but a wet system is safe and in expensive
Old 02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (baseballinmyass)

thanks for all the info keep it comming
Old 02-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (baseballinmyass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by baseballinmyass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">agreed direct port is the best but a wet system is safe and in expensive </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (Phantastic)

im a fan of a progressive shot setup. that way you wont get that HARD jolt at once.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (eK9aT10pSi)

then you can also keep traction
Old 02-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOS dry kit does the same when you spray it makes your fuel pressure go up so won't run lean
Old 02-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slammed92hbonN20)

ive always big a big fan of the NX kits. they are safe and very good power
if you do direct port i would invest in some better ignition and tuning

dont get greedy with it though
Old 02-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Timmay)

liked stated above. I would say direct port hands down.

Chris
Old 02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i been using nos dry kit and they work like a charm when you follow instructions
Old 02-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've got a nitrous express fogger kit 50 shot on a b16 and that works great the best wet shot for the money.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:29 AM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (modedicebox)

Dry nitrous kits are good from a simplicity point of view and ease of installation and I have used them on my own cars as well as others with no problems in the past. If there was anything that I'd have to say I don't really like about them, it's that they drastically increase the fuel pressure in the fuel system. This tends to put a lot of stress on the fuel pump, injectors, pressure regulator and seals. If any of these components were in a weakend state and were to fail, bad things could happen quite quickly. Also, with the exception of the ZEX dry system, unless you run a bottle heater, the nitrous system will run extremely rich and not make very good power.

Wet kits like NX, some NOS and ZEX are proven to make more power and safer, to the wheels at the same power settings, than dry kits. This is primarily due to better atomization of the fuel and nitrous through the single fogger nozzle and the fact that they don't put any extra load on the existing fuel system like a dry kit does. Instead, wet kits tap into the extra fuel that would normally be returned to the tank and divert it for use to the nitrous system. The entire fuel system operates the same as stock, just with less fuel returning to the tank through the return line.

Bottle heaters are pretty critical to having any of the nitrous kits function to their full potential since anything less than optimal bottle temperature/pressure means running rich and losing power.

Some recommendations:

I would go with a wet kit over a dry kit like NX since they are proven to make the advertised power they claim to the wheels and not the flywheel like lots of other manufacturers. I like the ZEX kits both dry and wet for safety and ease of installation, probably the cleanest and easiest out of all the kits available on the market. Direct port kits are nice but just not required for power levels under 100hp, a single nozzle kit is adequate for anything below that. You can run a 75hp shot on the engine safely so just follow the manufacturers installation instructions and have fun with whatever kit you go with.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:49 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (00Red_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dry nitrous kits are good from a simplicity point of view and ease of installation and I have used them on my own cars as well as others with no problems in the past. If there was anything that I'd have to say I don't really like about them, it's that they drastically increase the fuel pressure in the fuel system. This tends to put a lot of stress on the fuel pump, injectors, pressure regulator and seals. If any of these components were in a weakend state and were to fail, bad things could happen quite quickly. Also, with the exception of the ZEX dry system, unless you run a bottle heater, the nitrous system will run extremely rich and not make very good power.

Wet kits like NX, some NOS and ZEX are proven to make more power and safer, to the wheels at the same power settings, than dry kits. This is primarily due to better atomization of the fuel and nitrous through the single fogger nozzle and the fact that they don't put any extra load on the existing fuel system like a dry kit does. Instead, wet kits tap into the extra fuel that would normally be returned to the tank and divert it for use to the nitrous system. The entire fuel system operates the same as stock, just with less fuel returning to the tank through the return line.

Bottle heaters are pretty critical to having any of the nitrous kits function to their full potential since anything less than optimal bottle temperature/pressure means running rich and losing power.

Some recommendations:

I would go with a wet kit over a dry kit like NX since they are proven to make the advertised power they claim to the wheels and not the flywheel like lots of other manufacturers. I like the ZEX kits both dry and wet for safety and ease of installation, probably the cleanest and easiest out of all the kits available on the market. Direct port kits are nice but just not required for power levels under 100hp, a single nozzle kit is adequate for anything below that. You can run a 75hp shot on the engine safely so just follow the manufacturers installation instructions and have fun with whatever kit you go with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said. If you're just looking for a little fun, I'd grab a wet kit 50-75 shot. I just bought a wet kit with purge from someone here on HT about 2 weeks ago for $350 shipped.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NItrous Setups and questions. (DaX)

thankyou all for the great info! I will be looking around for some deals. Thanks again