Nitrous on a h22 prelude help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous on a h22 prelude help

Hey I posted this on a few forums and couldn't get any help so I'm trying here
I'm looking to get a nitrous kit but I have a few questions

1.is this kit plug and play meaning that I don't need to get my car tuned?
2.if it's not what other components I would need besides this kit?
3.I'm not looking for where I have to hit a switch to activate the nitrous I would like it to activate on it's own say like between 4700rpm and cut off at say 6800 rpm.is that included with this kit or is that why I would have to get tuned?
please I'm looking for answers and not looking to get bashed lol
Thank you and here is the link of the kit I'm looking to buy..

http://www.zex.com/Pages/129/Wet%204...0Cylinder.aspx
Old 11-24-2010, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Nitrous on a h22 prelude help

That kit will activate any time you have the arming switch up and go full throttle. It taps into the throttle position sensor signal wire. If you want it to kick in based on rpm you'll need to go see a reputable tuner that can wire it in to your ecu using a good software such as ectune or Hondata.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be careful with that. your fuel injectors will only flow so much hp worth of fuel. so if you have bolt ons and had it dynoed at 200whp for example, and your injectors are stock and will only flow, at best, 215whp worth of fuel, if you put this on there with even a 50hp shot it will likely blow it up since it will run lean as the injectors simply can't throw in enough fuel. If the motor is stock you'll probably be fine but these type of dry kits usually require bigger injectors to do much more than a 50hp shot. Just read a bunch and make sure a dyno tune is something you budget for as that should be considered required to have a reliable nitrous setup. I personally would also throw in a 255 fuel pump, new fuel filter and some bigger injectors. doing this is much cheaper than rebuilding your motor.

nitrous is fun though! I remember even just a 50 shot on my ls1 camaro would blow the tires off on the free way! haha
Old 11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oops. i'm a dumb ***. assumed you were running the zex dry kit I have.

with a wet kit you'll be fine. dyno tune it and put in a better fuel pump. spark plugs one heat range colder than stock and back off a few degrees of timing. with just a 50hp shot you should be able to spray it for years.

you need either a window switch or hondata/neptune/ectune though to get the rpm window for the spray
Old 11-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My H22a4 loves the Nitrous even with close to 200k on it. I have atleast 30 bottles ran through it. Its a dyno tune wet kit with a 50 hp shot. Made 251hp 222tq I have a new 255 pump and adjustable Fuel pressure regulator set at 55 psi running on a stock base map.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Reid@KAIZENSPEED
That kit will activate any time you have the arming switch up and go full throttle. It taps into the throttle position sensor signal wire. If you want it to kick in based on rpm you'll need to go see a reputable tuner that can wire it in to your ecu using a good software such as ectune or Hondata.
x2

plug and play, but as said above use with wisdom a.k.a. not under 4000rpm
Old 11-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Reid@KAIZENSPEED
This is not 100% true.

Add a MSD window switch to the system, and it will activate the system only between the RPM range you input, regardless of the switch being active and being WOT.

You do not need to have a tuning software to spray in the certain RPM range, I have sprayed my stock H22A on stock ECU over 200 times with a 75 shot wet, MSD digital 6 to retard ignition, MSD electronic window switch, and walbro fuel pump.

I have my window switch to start to spray at 4,500 rpm and de-activate the system at 7,200 rpm; so in case I would start spinning when spraying, or miss shift and hit fuel cut, I don't have nitrous spraying into the motor. I shift at 7,600 rpm.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so after doing more reserech I decided to just activate it by a switch which I would get wired to one of my horn buttons.
Now if I'm just running a 50 shot do I still really need to get my car tuned and the timing retard?
I don't want it tune because I want my car to still run the same way as it is now
Old 11-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a 50 shot is kinda small you wont even have to worry about timing. but getting it tuned you would make more power.

so ya just install it and have fun
Old 11-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you do the system I described in my previous post, you don't need to get tuned and your car runs the same. Nothing happens until you activate the switch.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheRappist
If you do the system I described in my previous post, you don't need to get tuned and your car runs the same. Nothing happens until you activate the switch.
Yea I'm gona look into to that but that MSD digital 6 is pretty pricey $$$ lol but I guess u got to pay to play
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok one more thing
I would need to run MSD digital 6 to retard ignition, MSD electronic window switch, and walbro fuel pum + the nitrious kit that I posted a link to and I'm good to go.right?

Also if there's a better nitrious kit than the one I posted that you know of can u please post a link to it? Nothing over 75shots just go be safe