Notices

New to FI, trying to learn as much as I can. Need info about FPR's and boost.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to FI, trying to learn as much as I can. Need info about FPR's and boost.

Ok - I need some info about FPR's on the Honda's. I am attempting to install a turbo setup on my car (D17, 2001 civic), but need to convert my convert my fuel system to a return style system.

I have already purchased a walbro 255 in tank pump....still trying to call venom for injectors (RC doesn't make them for my setup). Next thing I need is a FPR, and this is where it gets sticky.

The stock fuel pressure for my car (D17) is around 45 PSI at idle. Does this increase as load increases? Reason I ask is because if I get the small aeromotive FPR (two ports, 1:1 boost reference), I'm not sure if I'll need to connect the boost reference or not. I actually plan on tuning my fuel setup with the greddy e-manage (blue box), which will allow me to increase my duty cycle of the injectors (in theory, the same as increasing fuel pressure, correct?).

So - if anyone has any advice, it would greatly be appreciated....
Old 12-14-2003, 01:38 PM
dkj

Default Re: New to FI, trying to learn as much as I can. Need info about FPR's and boost. (opto_isolator)

i never bothered to learn all this technical stuff, but check out the kit sfpower has out for us 7th gens. u wont even have to bother with all that

http://www.7thgencivic.com/for...ber=1

mines comin in a week or so haha cant wait

Old 12-14-2003, 01:53 PM

I know about that already. I've been a member there for a while. I don't want to go that route because it is not tuned. I want to make the most power for the money - and that involves tuning the car, including fuel ratios.

I plan on using his manifold, since it is the only true equal length manifold out there, but so far, all the parts I'm going to purchase come nowhere near what they are asking for their kit.....

So, thanks for the reply, but I still need info.....Thanks.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: (opto_isolator)

there are fuel pressure regulators, then there are rising rate fuel pressure regulators. you want a RRFPR. it will increase fuel pressure at you increase boost. That way you big injectors can get enough fuel at high rpms. The emanage will increase the duty cycle but if there isn't enough fuel pressure to put into the injectors the emanage won't do diddley squat. However you can run the stock fpr for low boost like me. Unless you wanna go boost happy just stick with the stock one. BTW- some ppl say the walbro will increase the pressure a little, howover i have no first hand knowledge of this.