Notices

Never doubt precision's quality!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never doubt precision's quality!

I know there was a thread while back that someone was shitting on precision's quality and product. Well first of all All turbos can have a glitch nobody is perfect. I had a small problem with my 71 gtq. I sent it back, Rod was more than helpful to me. He didn't question me once about it. No run around and he said it will be done tuesday and he is going to send it overnight for no charge. Now that is awesome!
I'm glad i stuck w/ the precision. Great product and excellent PO skills.

Thanks Rod
Old 07-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Always nice to hear about good quality customer service
Old 07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

I even asked him if he needed a receipt, he said nahh. Well take care of ya.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (9sech22civic)

You know what, **** happens in any business, it's how well it's taken care of alot of times that really counts! I've dealt with Rod many times and it's always been an excelent experience. Precision
Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
95GSRTT

I think it also depends on whether you are running a 9 second car or a 12 second car. I believe that they are less likely to go out of there way like that for a car no one will ever notice or care what type of turbo they run... just a thought
Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know what, **** happens in any business, it's how well it's taken care of alot of times that really counts! I've dealt with Rod many times and it's always been an excelent experience. Precision </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats exactly what i think.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95GSRTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it also depends on whether you are running a 9 second car or a 12 second car. I believe that they are less likely to go out of there way like that for a car no one will ever notice or care what type of turbo they run... just a thought</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a friend that had a sc61 w/ problems that only runs 13's, They treated him with the same upmost respect.
I know of someone who maybe burned his bridges with them, but they still gave him good customer service and respect.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am glad to hear you got takes care of at PTE. the place i used to work, Grand National Specialties, dennis used harry exclusively for turbos, intercoolers and injectors. dennis and harry go way back. i got to meet him at the 96 GS Nats. he is a good guy. glad to hear you got takes care of with those guys.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like Precision has great customer service...WHEN their turbochargers fail.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99_GS-T)

Mike? Cort went 2 yrs and he ran the **** out it too.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know...his old turbo almost seems to be the exception though.

Most DSM guys that are actually running decent times won't touch a Precision turbo with a 20' pole. Most Precision turbos that I have seen end up with thrust bearing failures. They are pretty good about replacing them, but it just sucks that they end up replacing them LONG before they should fail, even from heavy abuse.

Not looking to burn bridges or anything, but I have seen numerous PTE turbochargers fail with very little use on them. Your's and Jasen's are just some of the more recent ones I have seen.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How come i haven't seen you at the track? Is your car running?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope...
I'm good at breaking stuff.
1 transmission
2 axles
1 set of main bearings

I have broke a turbocharger in the past...it was a T25 though. I did run a Garrett GT2871R for 25,000 miles, routinely seeing over 30 PSI. It even ate the EGT probe and still didn't fail. Never have and never will own a PTE turbocharger though. I get my stuff elsewhere and generally avoid non Garrett CHRAs.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tons of my friends run sc61's and none of them have any problems on their daily driver. precision
Old 07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_GS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope...
I'm good at breaking stuff.
1 transmission
2 axles
1 set of main bearings

I have broke a turbocharger in the past...it was a T25 though. I did run a Garrett GT2871R for 25,000 miles, routinely seeing over 30 PSI. It even ate the EGT probe and still didn't fail. Never have and never will own a PTE turbocharger though. I get my stuff elsewhere and generally avoid non Garrett CHRAs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

never run a precision yet talk like you know their products front to back?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
OG Fabricator

Default Re: (SEFIxCivic)

service is very important when running a business. Those that don't understand it usually don't do so well. Those that do will get repeat business.

For example, even though this thread mentions a customer getting a bad product from the company, this will still be seen as an overall good post for the company, if they make things right...and will help bring them more business.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_GS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have broke a turbocharger in the past...it was a T25 though. I did run a Garrett GT2871R for 25,000 miles, routinely seeing over 30 PSI. It even ate the EGT probe and still didn't fail. Never have and never will own a PTE turbocharger though. I get my stuff elsewhere and generally avoid non Garrett CHRAs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PTE uses garrett CHRA's with their own housings.

PTE is just as good or better quality than AGP, slowboy, forced performance, etc, turbos that is all you see on the DSM boards. FP3065? Yep, same damn thing as a PTE GT35R, it's a company that takes garrett CHRA's and casts their own housings for them.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16sedan)

in the EVO community precision is the turbo supplier for AMS tuning, Buschur racing ect... There's no complaints of poor spooling GT35R produced by precision that will magically be remedied by going with someone elses turbine housing.

Precision is one of the biggest performance garrett distributors. its wrong to bash a good company with solid customer service like its some taiwan cheap **** store.

call monday thru friday during business hours... and someone at precision will always pick up the phone. you don't know how hard it is to get a company to do that in our industry.

Precision

wanna be know it alls
Old 07-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_GS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never have and never will own a PTE turbocharger though. I get my stuff elsewhere and generally avoid non Garrett CHRAs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol last I checked...PTE uses Garret CHRA's and just transplant their own housings on the ends.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tons of my friends run sc61's and none of them have any problems on their daily driver. precision </TD></TR></TABLE> Most people have problems when they start running the turbo at high shaft speeds. Kicking out 10 PSI everyday is easy. Try running a turbo at maximum shaft speed a while and they will probably see what i am talking about.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PTE uses garrett CHRA's with their own housings.

PTE is just as good or better quality than AGP, slowboy, forced performance, etc, turbos that is all you see on the DSM boards. FP3065? Yep, same damn thing as a PTE GT35R, it's a company that takes garrett CHRA's and casts their own housings for them.</TD></TR></TABLE> Are you shitting me? None of the PTE CHRA I have held have been Garrett. It's plain as day just by looking at the casting and back plate. You are retarded for thinking a FP3065 is the same as a GT35R. It's not, it is a ball bearing GT30/GT40 hybrid. And just to make things clear about where I stand with those companies: I have bought numerous products from FP, but I no longer care to deal with them because of their selling practices. They try to mislead customers on the specifications of their turbochargers and that doesn't sit well with me. I never will deal with Slowboy, they have their own turbine housing that is a pile in my opinion and they sell their products with hype, IMO. AGP has treated me well, although their prices are a little high considering all they are doing is getting Garrett turbochargers and reselling them.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in the EVO community precision is the turbo supplier for AMS tuning, Buschur racing ect... There's no complaints of poor spooling GT35R produced by precision that will magically be remedied by going with someone elses turbine housing.

Precision is one of the biggest performance garrett distributors. its wrong to bash a good company with solid customer service like its some taiwan cheap **** store.

call monday thru friday during business hours... and someone at precision will always pick up the phone. you don't know how hard it is to get a company to do that in our industry.

Precision

wanna be know it alls </TD></TR></TABLE>Bwahahaah, Buschur recently did a test and picked up 95 WHP by junking the PTE turbine housing. I never bashed on their (PTE) customer support. I do think they are a good company, from a customer support stand point. I just thing their products need some refinement.

It's kind of funny, the guys that stand to have financial gain from selling PTE seem to be the ones getting all pissed off over my thoughts about PTE. I have no motivation. I'm not trying to promote some other company. I currently do not have a turbo builder that I would trust to give me a good product, at a good price, back it with a warrantee, and provide awesome customer assistance. I do have a couple that will provide 2 or 3 of the 4, but getting the whole package seems to be impossible. If you don't like my ideas, that's fine, you can say so. There's no need to say I'm an idiot though because I don't have first hand experience with PTE's "great quality." No, none of the turbochargers I have seen fail where on my own car. But they were on cars that the owner is a good friend of mine and that's close enough to first hand experience that I care to have.

Modified by 99_GS-T at 7:16 AM 7/8/2005

Modified by 99_GS-T at 7:54 AM 7/8/2005
Old 07-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Never doubt precision's quality! (9sech22civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9sech22civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know there was a thread while back that someone was shitting on precision's quality and product. Well first of all All turbos can have a glitch nobody is perfect. I had a small problem with my 71 gtq. I sent it back, Rod was more than helpful to me. He didn't question me once about it. No run around and he said it will be done tuesday and he is going to send it overnight for no charge. Now that is awesome!
I'm glad i stuck w/ the precision. Great product and excellent PO skills.

Thanks Rod </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you have to pay to ship the turbo to them?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:35 AM

you will know who's company is good when **** happen...
Old 07-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just want to say, once again, I think PTE is a great company. They just need a little better product. The fact they stand behind their product 100% is very awesome though. Precision as a company gets a huge thumbs up.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:03 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_GS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> None of the PTE CHRA I have held have been Garrett.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Then you have never held a PTE turbo! You are wrong my friend, try again. I know for a fact that PTE uses garrett chra's. I'm sure Rod will be chiming in shortly. Dont talk **** when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Never doubt precision's quality!