Notices

neptune boost cut?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neptune boost cut?

whats up all quick q for some tuners. right now i am tuned on crome. my set up is running 11 psi on stock map sensor, 12 psi boost cut. my friends are strongly suggesting that i buy an aem ems because of its many features for safety, which i agree would be a great investment. my engine is fully built, i have a t3/t4 60 trim, 44mm tial, 3in dp, victor x im, 68mm tb, 880cc injectors. i really am just waiting to put my engine mount inserts in and before spring i want to buy a 3 bar map sensor and tune it for high boost. i was under the impression that its hard to have a boost cut on crome with a 3 bar map sensor. i would like to get the car tuned at evans tuning, who tunes neptune and aem now, but i really would like to have the safety features like a boost cut and **** like that. my q is why is it hard to have a boost cut on crome at high boost, and is this on crome only? will neptune be able to have good safety features? or will i need to buy an aem to be more bulletproof?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: neptune boost cut? (dartdc97)

I ran Crome on my GSR without any problems. I was running a 3 bar MAP sensor and boost cut was set at 19lbs. It worked perfectly. I then switched over to Neptune and my boost cut is 18lbs. Zero problems with both. Neptune has all the safety features that you need (Ignition cut, boost cut, etc...) Check out http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/...-rtp/ for all the features.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: neptune boost cut? (bigdgsr)

thanks. i dont know my friend did the tune and was pretty much inferring that if i got a 3 bar it would be a pain in the *** to have a boost cut at high boost and i should get an aem to be safe or to have these safety features. whatever, thanks man
Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's hard is having a 12psi boost cut on a stock map sensor that'll never read 12psi...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: neptune boost cut? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's hard is having a 12psi boost cut on a stock map sensor that'll never read 12psi...</TD></TR></TABLE>

11 psi. or whatever the stock limit is... 10. i obviously never tuned so excuse my ignorance. pretty much just wondering why he said that about it being hard to have a boost cut with a 3 bar
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dartdc97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

11 psi. or whatever the stock limit is... 10. i obviously never tuned so excuse my ignorance. pretty much just wondering why he said that about it being hard to have a boost cut with a 3 bar</TD></TR></TABLE>

shouldnt be hard, its all in the tuning and as long as the setup is correct, and everything is built and wired correctly.

AEM, Neptune, hondata, they are all the same thing, the aem can do some things the honda based systems cant, but its also take much more better tuner to setup a AEM from scratch.

so i wouldnt go off and buy a AEM unit and think ur car is now bulletproof.. because that wont be the case.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: neptune boost cut? (Mykizism)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

shouldnt be hard, its all in the tuning and as long as the setup is correct, and everything is built and wired correctly.

AEM, Neptune, hondata, they are all the same thing, the aem can do some things the honda based systems cant, but its also take much more better tuner to setup a AEM from scratch.

so i wouldnt go off and buy a AEM unit and think ur car is now bulletproof.. because that wont be the case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i understand. i would of course take it to be tuned by someone with experience tuning aem. i put up alot for my setup. i would pay enough to get it tuned as best as possible.