NEED TURBO MANIFOLD FOR CLEARANCE OF TURBO HOUSING

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED TURBO MANIFOLD FOR CLEARANCE OF TURBO HOUSING

I made a post earlier and I currently have a log style turbo manifold and it doesnt stick out far enough away from the block and the turbo housing keeps hitting it. Already shaved down some of the block and we are so close to getting it on. Anyone have an idea of a good manifold that would have the turbo flange sticking out further away from the block? Thanks
Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NEED TURBO MANIFOLD FOR CLEARANCE OF TURBO HOUSING (BOOSTEDgs-R)

Do you have the turbo on the right way ( that the turbo manifold maker intended ) ?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a turbo with a 4 bolt housing and a manifold designed to work with a 5 bolt housing?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: NEED TURBO MANIFOLD FOR CLEARANCE OF TURBO HOUSING (BOOSTEDgs-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BOOSTEDgs-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I made a post earlier and I currently have a log style turbo manifold and it doesnt stick out far enough away from the block and the turbo housing keeps hitting it. Already shaved down some of the block and we are so close to getting it on. Anyone have an idea of a good manifold that would have the turbo flange sticking out further away from the block? Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've mentioned this on Xceed. The only other solution is to use Spoolin' performance (should work) but it depends upon if that ebay turbo of yours is using a larger compressor cover. Otherwise, get a head flange and longer bolts as suggested on Xceed.