Notices

Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Suggestions

Well I'm finally getting around to building my new setup, done a lot of looking and i finally dug up something that i would be happy with. I'm pretty much copying this build, minus a few things. https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/83mm-gsr-w-precision-sc6262s-dyno-2477474/
Instead of running 83mm i was gonna take it to 84mm and run an ls crank to make it a actual 2 liter. I'm also gonna bump the compression up to 9.7 to help with power outside of boost. I also read that this would help make more power on less boost. I would love if i made similar numbers as the motor in the link. Here is where i need help. Has anybody else used the Blox b cams, I heard they were described as being similar to Skunk2 Pro 1's. Jeff Evans one of the better tuners on the east coast, and who i plan on having the car tuned by says that the pro 1's have a rough idle to them and its tricky to get them tuned properly, do the Blox B have the same idle problem. I also haven't decided on to run a ram horn manifold or a topmount. The car will primarily be a weekend vehicle and I'll take it to the track and beat on it every once in a while.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Suggestions

Somebody, anybody?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Suggestions

Im doing a similar build but im going for about 700 hp. Anyway For cams im going with the Blox cams as those are the cams my tuner (Joe, Tempist racing) is recommending me to use. Ive also been told the blox cams are a little easier to get tuned in properly. Ive heard the idle on both the sk2 and blox, The sk2 is a little more rough but not much IMHO.

If Jeff Evans and Joe Simpson recommend the cams it think thats ENOUGH SAID!!!

As for a topmount or ramhorns. I would go with the ramhorns. They are a little cheaper and will be more than enough for the power u want. I like full race ramhorns.
Oh and the Precision 6262 would be a ideal turbo for what u want And u will have room to grow for more power