Notices

Need Some Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Suggestions

Ok, I know that there are all kinds of threads for everything. I'm looking for something specific and I'm also trying to find some information that is somewhat up to date.

I am in the beginning stages of doing a turbo build on my 1995 Del Sol VTEC. I have a buddy/builder I work with that is going to help with the build, but I am putting together a parts list and trying to get an idea of prices. I'll tell you what I need, then what I want, and finally I will ask if anyone has suggestions on other **** I should just go ahead and do now.
First of all, I'm wanting to do a turbo kit. Looking for suggestions on good, lower budget, brands. Wanting something that fits the Sols well, and won't need a whole lot of fab work. After that, got a hook up on Hondata S300. Going to go ahead and do injectors and a fuel pump. Have the same hook up on those, but suggestions for brand and size are always welcome for that as well.
Anything else that you guys would suggest I go ahead and get done at the same time? Have the exhaust done already. Headers are stock, but in good shape still.
Any input is appreciated.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Some Suggestions

I know its not a big deal but I took out the radio and put my wideband boost and oil pressure gauge there it looks real clean just a little touch I liked
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

probably going to do pods on the pillar. always liked that look.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnSamTest
Have the exhaust done already. Headers are stock, but in good shape still.
Any input is appreciated.
What size exhaust? For the record, your HEADER (singular) isn't going to matter since it will be replaced anyway.

What is your power goal?
What is your budget?
What are your uses for the car?

Without knowing some of those answers (above), its near-impossible to give you any useful advice.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
What size exhaust? For the record, your HEADER (singular) isn't going to matter since it will be replaced anyway.

What is your power goal?
What is your budget?
What are your uses for the car?

Without knowing some of those answers (above), its near-impossible to give you any useful advice.
3" exhaust if memory serves. Been a while.

Power goal is 300+. Honestly, I would be just as happy with 301 as I would be with 600. Just don't really need too much power, not yet at least.
Budget is under $2000. Preferably far under, but I do understand that you get what you pay for.
And this is my daily. Want to eventually start to go to some shows with it, but it's a long way from that at this point. I've gone to a couple local shows (99% muscle cars, couple lowriders, bikes and tuners though) but wasn't there to really compete. Oh, and ******* with people on the interstate. That is the other main use for the car.