Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda del sol 1993

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda del sol 1993

hey guys so I知 thinking of buying this 1993Honda del sol and I知 trying to figure out what kind of kits are best I was wondering if anyone knew the best

turbo kit for it like what is a suitable brand they recommend

what kind of injectors as well and what cc

thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2019, 02:58 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Honda del sol 1993

Prepare to open your wallet. I recommend looking at Go-Autoworks for turbo kits. You are going to need to buy many things besides the turbo kit to make it work, though. There is a Forced Induction section of this forum - you need to go there and read for a few weeks. You won't be taken seriously if you come on here and make your first post like this.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:01 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

before buying a kit and hoping for miracles, build the motor so it can hold down the power. Plus, read up on what's all involved with owning and maintaining a turbocharged Honda. It's not as easy as it sounds
Old 01-16-2019, 03:43 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

So you're thinking about buying a 30 year old vehicle and your first thought is about putting a turbo on it? This is a mistake.

This car is going to need completely gone over and restored or refreshed before you think about modifications for more power. Unless somehow all of this work was already done, which is highly unlikely, you'll need to rebuild or upgrade suspension (including bushings, control arms, ball joints, etc.), brakes, steering components, and completely go through the engine if you aren't planning to build it or swap it first. Transmission will probably be on it's last leg for handling more than stock power as well.

You'll need to plan on fuel system upgrades, a new clutch, better wheels and tires, and never a bad idea to do some brake upgrades so you can slow down before making the car go fast.

THEN you can start looking at turbo kits.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x0
So you're thinking about buying a 30 year old vehicle and your first thought is about putting a turbo on it? This is a mistake.

This car is going to need completely gone over and restored or refreshed before you think about modifications for more power. Unless somehow all of this work was already done, which is highly unlikely, you'll need to rebuild or upgrade suspension (including bushings, control arms, ball joints, etc.), brakes, steering components, and completely go through the engine if you aren't planning to build it or swap it first. Transmission will probably be on it's last leg for handling more than stock power as well.

You'll need to plan on fuel system upgrades, a new clutch, better wheels and tires, and never a bad idea to do some brake upgrades so you can slow down before making the car go fast.

This. I just got done a full resto of the suspension and brakes in my sol. And it needed it bad. Get upto date on maintenance first and then consider performance parts. It would also to help if we knew what submodel you bought.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x0

Its not a mistake, its a trend. They see some guy on his streaming site buy a civic and slap on a turbo off of ebay and get instant 300hp within days.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:41 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Its not a mistake, its a trend. They see some guy on his streaming site buy a civic and slap on a turbo off of ebay and get instant 300hp within days.
This is true, and it's unfortunate.

Too many people taking these older cars that would be salvageable with a proper refresh/rebuild, but instead they turn them into a nightmare with a crappy swap or turbo kit install, ruining them mechanically and this is what CL and FB ads are full of.

I feel bad for the people that buy these, thinking they are getting a great deal for $2-3K on a "fully built" car to realize it is a pile of crap and the car is falling apart. I was one of them.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x0
This is true, and it's unfortunate.

Too many people taking these older cars that would be salvageable with a proper refresh/rebuild, but instead they turn them into a nightmare with a crappy swap or turbo kit install, ruining them mechanically and this is what CL and FB ads are full of.

I feel bad for the people that buy these, thinking they are getting a great deal for $2-3K on a "fully built" car to realize it is a pile of crap and the car is falling apart. I was one of them.

i see this everyday when im browsing for parts. People claiming a full built motor and other stuff and when i ask its always the old, "PO said it was done a hundred miles before i got it" or they say its the standard chinese rods and pistons and not anything done. Which usually have the same story of the PO doing them and EVERYTHING i ever find is just running a basemap. No one wants to take the time anymore to spend a few bucks and have a car properly tuned.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

90% of people that does a true build will document things like myself, DAX , Az or Dragon has done in the force induction lobby. It’s not cheap to do it right, and people with (fully build motor) will have good proof
Old 01-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

no doubt, I'm learning as always from other builds. Not copying.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:41 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
Plus, read up on what's all involved with owning and maintaining a turbocharged Honda. It's not as easy as it sounds
It's not really that bad, IF...

1. You can work on it yourself, or are mechanically inclined and willing to learn as you go.
2. It's not your only vehicle.
3. You can afford and are willing to do it right and buy the proper parts.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:47 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x0
It's not really that bad, IF...

1. You can work on it yourself, or are mechanically inclined and willing to learn as you go.
2. It's not your only vehicle.
3. You can afford and are willing to do it right and buy the proper parts.
agreed. Too bad 98% of people aren't smart enough to understand those 3 "qualifications". lol