Notices

Need helping finding an Exhaust leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need helping finding an Exhaust leak

I can't seem to find where I have an exhaust leak is. I don't think it's the manifold to the turbo though it sounds like it maybe coming from there. I still can build boost eventhough it takes a while and car feels like **** not to mention it sounds like ****. Dp and everything are connected and no leaks from there. Ant tricks to find out where one might be.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need helping finding an Exhaust leak (FOrSfEd)

did you try the obvious..........re-torquing your exhaust manifold studs and bolts? also retorque the wastegate bolts.

see what that does first. try to start eliminating things. then work down the line, check your downpipe bolts and so on..

if its nothing then id say take off your manifold and inspect it for cracks, what kind of mani is it anyways?
Old 06-25-2004, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought I had an exhaust leak to...in the piping that is. I was wrong...it was the turbo to manifold. It was taking me a long time to build boost to.

Crank up the car and get a piece of paper or something else that's light and hold it around each side of the turbo to manifold. Hold it close to so you can see it move....that should help you find the leak. Oh and you may need to rev it up a little.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Re: (Too_Smooth)

Aight cool, I'll do all the retorquing and I'll use the paper and find it.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Too_Smooth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Too_Smooth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought I had an exhaust leak to...in the piping that is. I was wrong...it was the turbo to manifold. It was taking me a long time to build boost to.

Crank up the car and get a piece of paper or something else that's light and hold it around each side of the turbo to manifold. Hold it close to so you can see it move....that should help you find the leak. Oh and you may need to rev it up a little.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Force,
This happened to me as well. I just put a kit on a Z6 and 1 of the turbo bolts wasn't even tightened (turbo to mani). Check there.