Notices

need help with troubleshooting please

Old 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with troubleshooting please

hey dudes. i have a ? for you guys. i just got a 95 accord with a turbo h22. i havent messed with honda(or any other) motors for a while. i got it with it messed up. the middle cylinders hold no compretion. i pulled the head and it looks as if cylinder #2 piston is about 1/4" higher then #3. you guys heard of eagle rods streching? it looks as if the piston was hitting the head wich would explane the compretion test.

just wondering if this sounded right. oh yeah the motor has eagle rods and wisco pistons(8.8:1). thanks for any info you can give.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with troubleshooting please (h22wagon)

I would say that its pretty impossible for a rod to stretch 1/4" and not make any noticeable sounds/massive destruction, lol. Dumb question, but are they the exact same pistons with the same dish? How about the rods? I know it would be idiotic, (although Im sure weve all seen worse) but there is always the possibility that whomever built the motor threw in a rod or piston that is completely different from all the others on that cylinder, possibly just to get the motor running to get rid of it. Was it hitting the head as in just the valves or is the actual chamber damaged? If just the valves, then its a good chance that you had piston-to-valve contact and that would explain why you have no compression. Please get back to us with those questions and some pics of the carnage if possible so we can better help you figure this out. If possible, pull the pan and everything apart and get some pics of the rods.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:52 PM

Default Re: need help with troubleshooting please (xxxmikenicexxx)

Yeah I was gonna get some pics tomorrow, I ran out of light. It doesn't look like it was hitting the valves,though I did think of that also. The piston met the head on the front and rear setion of them. You will see it in the pics. I'm gonna pull the pan tomorrow also cause its buggin the crap out of me. Pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.