Notices

Need help to hook up a profec B

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help to hook up a profec B

I need any and all info on how to hook up a greddy profec B with external gate. I did it like greddy says yet it boost to what it wants to.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help to hook up a profec B (Boosted_LS)

yea same here. i have the COM vacuum port on the boost soonoid going to the wastegate... and the NC port on the boost solonoid going to the compressor housing of the turbo..

although i can control boost my boost takes forever to spool up even mesing with the settings. someone told me that i had it hooked up backwards but i have it hooked up exactly liek the instructions say to for a external wastegate...

it wouldnt suprise me though if the instructions were wrong considering its a japanese to english translation and who knows if it got mixed up or not....

any help??
Old 03-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help to hook up a profec B (nextelbuddy)

bump
Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM

i had that same problem on a profec e-01, and the english instructions were wrong. had to call greddy to get it right. i have a hks wastegate, but their all the same pretty much. the wastegate should have two nipples for vacum hoses. the com line goes to the nipple on the end/top of the wastegate. and the nc goes to a good pressure source. i have it T'ed into the compressor side of the turbo, which runs to the side nipple on the wastegate. my wastegate only had one nipple threaded into it when i got it, there wasn't one in the end. so i had to buy a nipple and screw it in. that's what had me confused
Old 03-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help to hook up a profec B (kell211)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell211 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had that same problem on a profec e-01, and the english instructions were wrong. had to call greddy to get it right. i have a hks wastegate, but their all the same pretty much. the wastegate should have two nipples for vacum hoses. the com line goes to the nipple on the end/top of the wastegate. and the nc goes to a good pressure source. i have it T'ed into the compressor side of the turbo, which runs to the side nipple on the wastegate. my wastegate only had one nipple threaded into it when i got it, there wasn't one in the end. so i had to buy a nipple and screw it in. that's what had me confused</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not sure if i am understanding that correctly... on my deltagate i only have one nipple on it and its the one on the side of it.. then i have 2 holes inthe top of it.. one hole has a bolt in it and the other has nothing in it. the nipple on the side of the wastegate i have a vacuum hose going from it to the COM side of the boost solonoid and the NC side i have going to the compressor of the turbo... is that wrong?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:16 PM

yes, that's wrong. the port on the compressor side of the turbo goes to the side port on the wastegate, where you currently have the "com" hose ran. you can put a t in that hose and run the "nc" side in there. Nc, compressor on the turbo, and the side port on the wastegate all together.
the com hose will run to one of those holes on the top. i don't know which one, but i'd guess it won't matter. get a brass nipple put some tfe tape on it and screw it in. the com port goes straight to that. if you've got access to the instructions with the wastegate, it can probably tell you which hole on top to use if it does make a difference.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you sure? i have never seen that way before it seems weird.... the instructions for the boost controller never stated that....
Old 03-24-2004, 05:08 PM

i've got mine hooked up that way, and i got the instructions from greddy. my instructions never said anything about it either, but the greddy tech guy did. mine holds and controlls boost perfect. what part seems wierd? the port on the side of the wastegate need to read pressure so to open and close the wastegate. the port on top of the wastegate is where the boost controller redirects air to push on the back of the spring to manipulate it. that's my best understanding of the actual mechanics of it all. you can get other opinions if you like, but i had your exact problem and that solved it. works great now.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:18 PM

i had mine hooked up exactly like you do, and it didn't work. and i hooked it up just like the instructions said also. and like you, mine had no nipple in the end of it, just a threaded hole. but, i couldn't control boost. my wastegate just stayed closed leating the car boost crazy amounts. took me a week to figure out and i'm lucky i didn't blow the car in the process.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where can i get a nipple that is threaded on one end so i can screw it into the top of the wastegate? home depot?
Old 03-24-2004, 06:16 PM

yeah, or any hardware store. and if it makes you any more confident, every external wastegate with an electronic boost controller i've ever seen is hooked up just like i described. i really started looking after having so many problems hookin mine up.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx i will search for pictures i guess.....
Old 03-24-2004, 06:28 PM

here's the first on for ya, my car. there's one engine pic on here.
http://www.solsociety.com/foru...D=116
Old 03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell211 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the port on the compressor side of the turbo goes to the side port on the wastegate, where you currently have the "com" hose ran. you can put a t in that hose and run the "nc" side in there. Nc, compressor on the turbo, and the side port on the wastegate all together.
the com hose will run to one of those holes on the top. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well i hooked mine up this way..... i have the compressor vacuum line going to the side nipple of the wastegate with the NC vacuum hose Teed into the same hose of the compressor and side nipple of wastegate. then i have the COM side of the boost solonoid going to the vacuum port on teh top of my deltagate and no matter what i do i can not build more then 7-10 psi..

when i had it set up like this: NC side of solonoid to nipple on compressor housing and COM side of solonoid to side nipple of wastegate.. i could at least boost whatever i wanted but it was backwards... 100 % on profec b 2 was wastegate spring setting and 0 % was full boost..

what am i doing wrong?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nextelbuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i hooked mine up this way..... i have the compressor vacuum line going to the side nipple of the wastegate with the NC vacuum hose Teed into the same hose of the compressor and side nipple of wastegate. then i have the COM side of the boost solonoid going to the vacuum port on teh top of my deltagate and no matter what i do i can not build more then 7-10 psi..

when i had it set up like this: NC side of solonoid to nipple on compressor housing and COM side of solonoid to side nipple of wastegate.. i could at least boost whatever i wanted but it was backwards... 100 % on profec b 2 was wastegate spring setting and 0 % was full boost..

what am i doing wrong?</TD></TR></TABLE>

does any one in here have the greddy profec b 2 hooked up to a deltagate wastegate? if so where do you have your hoses going to?? i desparately need this i am so confused i have tried everything i think