Notices

NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration

ok just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas.
Basically I have a 94 GSR with JRSC 9lbs, vafc hacked, 450 injectors etc. Now this set up has been on the car over 9 months now with no problems. I have a new son so I don't really get to go out much any more with it and don't dog on it to much even though I should.
The problem is when i hit the gas WOT it stumbles and sounds like it wants to die no power if I don't mash the gas and drive like a granny and try to avoid WOT and or going into boost then it is ok. That said it is hard as hell to not at least barely go into boost. Now I have not gotten any codes at all my vafc settings are all still the same my sensors check out the same pressure the same etc. The only conclusion I came up with was the gas. I usually fill up with 93 octane from cheveron but the other day I needed gas bad and filled up with 93 from a stop N Go well it was after say 10 miles on that gas that I started having the issues at hand. So do you think this could be caused by dirty gas or not the grade it was suppose to be maybe watered down? Or do you think I need to look further say into the JRSC? It has also started making some low but noticible tractor type clicking sounds. Now a visual inspection i see no problems , but as i said i have a new boy now and have not gotten a chance to really get out there and look heavily especially since I don't really no what I am looking for. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great I really can't afford to lose this car, I only got it for the back seat originally for the new baby because the crx would be a no way for taht. Let me know some input and I appreciate it thanx cheers
RaVeN
Old 02-03-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration (RaVeN)

I guess no ideas?
Old 02-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration (RaVeN)

Have you tried checking the belts and pulleys? It may just be the belts slipping or not enough tension. Just an idea
Old 02-03-2003, 07:15 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration (B18Flip)

bad gas= bad fuel fillter maybe if it is like that but there is noise so it might be something else
Old 02-03-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP! GSR loss of power in acceleration (boostfedb18)

Replace/clean plugs? You said you inspected everything- How? JRSC is known for tip-in detonation w/o proper fuel management... are you SURE you didn't change anything? A/F is Ok?