Notices

NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB

I have a AEM Single Channel wideband working with my AEM EMS. So I purchase the AEM Guage-Type UEGO to work with it but... The wiring is(for the guage):
REDower
BLACK:Ground
ORANGE:Signal In
BROWN:Signal Ground
WHITE:Analog Output
BLUE:Serial Output

and for my wiring for my AEM Single Channel I HAVE THE FOLLOWING HOOK UP:
REDower
BLACK:Ground to the - of the battery
ORANGErimary O2 wire that goes into the AEM EMS

But the directions say for the guage the BROWN WIRE "Signal Ground" has to be hook up to the "brown wire" for the AEM UEGO? the AEM UEGO directions say the brown wire is not use with the AEM EMS and the guage type instructions says to hook it up to the AEM UEGO?... Right now I don't have it hook up to anything does that mean I still have to hook the wire up for the guage to work? and do I need to use any of the extra wires from the guage?

Any help would be great!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB (9psiTurboSI)

Im only using power (red), ground (black) and signal (orange) wires on mine.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im only using power (red), ground (black) and signal (orange) wires on mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm using those for the AEM UEGO... But are you using those just for the AEM Guage-Type to work correctly???
Old 11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Moderator in Chief

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB (9psiTurboSI)

I just looked at mine and I dont even have an orange wire. My single chan gauge type only has red, black, white, and blue. White is my signal wire that goes to my EMS. Im not using the blue as thats for the serial connection.

The non gauge type UEGO has an orange wire. You sure you dont have that style?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The non gauge type UEGO has an orange wire. You sure you dont have that style? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I do have the orange wire

Old 11-18-2004, 06:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just looked at mine and I dont even have an orange wire. My single chan gauge type only has red, black, white, and blue. White is my signal wire that goes to my EMS. Im not using the blue as thats for the serial connection.

The non gauge type UEGO has an orange wire. You sure you dont have that style? </TD></TR></TABLE>

My gauge has the same wires Muckman does. No orange or brown. I hope you're not looking on the harness that goes to the sensor.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! AEM Guage-Type UEGO wiring to work with Single Channel WB (iiilgsrlll)

What wires from the Guage-Type do you use to make just the wb guage to work is all I want to know and I should be good...

REDower
BLACK:Ground
ORANGE:Signal In
BROWN:Signal Ground
WHITE:Analog Output
BLUE:Serial Output
Old 11-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Moderator in Chief

Can you take a pic for me? You should only have 4 wires total coming out of the end of the pitail. The unit only needs power and ground to work. The 5v signal output wire goes to your EMS.

Its the same with the non gauge type as it is with the gauge type = 3 used.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM

I think I got it now...Thanks Muckman