Notices

My Turbo problems are here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo problems are here.

Ive been turboed for about 3 months. I have had one problems before the major stuff happend. My slave cylinder when out the first day i got the car back.

3500miles Driving normal

3000mile Expo trip.

In the 3000 miles of the expo trip i found all my problems + more. The 1st problem was the clutch fluid was getting soo hott, during hard accerlatertion it would boil and release pass the orings in the slave cylinder. We put motul 600 to fix this problem. The next problem that occur was the line running to the overflow for the coolant was lose, releasing fluid. We fixed this with a hose clamp.

the last problem was the major problem on the turbo decided to go out releasing massive amounts of oil. Full race replaced this.

now that the car is in the shop. i decided to upgrade a few things.

14" Mr Gasket Fan (1800cfm) .. the coolant boiled a bit
Jet hotted Manifold and turbo housings
Msd Digital 6+
Msd Blaster coil
Msd Cap + new honda rotor
Greddy catch can
B&M oil cooler (for turbo)
AEM 4" filter
New turbo compressor.

After i get everything done, im still waiting on the manifold and turbo housings to get back from jet hot. My tuner is installing everything he notices the intake charge pipe has a quarter size hole in it.

i dont know .. seems like more money i spend the more **** that breaks..

I do know once the cars gets back out we are gonna Dyno tune it
Old 08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (Jordo)

charge pipe is interesting. was it rubbing against something, or your massive 70psi of boost busted it?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (Jordo)

Do you think the turbo blew because of the hole in the charge pipe? It could have caused the wastegate to not open and overspool the turbo beyond its limit.

Can you post some pics of where you mounted the Greddy catch can when that's done?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (Bob-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bob-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">charge pipe is interesting. was it rubbing against something, or your massive 70psi of boost busted it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

noo it was rubbing against the tranny mount
Old 08-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you think the turbo blew because of the hole in the charge pipe? It could have caused the wastegate to not open and overspool the turbo beyond its limit.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I determined that this was the cause of my SC61 failure...ie, the brake booster line would "pop" off under boost(1/2" line), and "re-seal" good enough so I couldnt tell on the vacuum guage.
Although, my FR turbo is still emitting quite a bit of oil out of the inlet side of the compressor housing, none out of the outlet side, which is wierd.
Reguardless, turbo has TONS of quirks if they are over-looked. Just be thankful that your oil return line didnt pop off(has happened to me before).
Old 08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (Tinker219)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tinker219 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I determined that this was the cause of my SC61 failure...ie, the brake booster line would "pop" off under boost(1/2" line), and "re-seal" good enough so I couldnt tell on the vacuum guage.
Although, my FR turbo is still emitting quite a bit of oil out of the inlet side of the compressor housing, none out of the outlet side, which is wierd.
Reguardless, turbo has TONS of quirks if they are over-looked. Just be thankful that your oil return line didnt pop off(has happened to me before).</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yes, i cannot tell you how thankful i am..

Full race truely is an awesome company, and they have helped me out all the way. We are discussing the piping issue was we speak now. Hopefully we can come to some aggreement that both sides will be happy with.

I also hope all the **** i bought will help the car run better, and faster.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (Tinker219)

What kind of return line were you running that caused it to come off??? Was it steel braided?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of return line were you running that caused it to come off??? Was it steel braided?</TD></TR></TABLE>

My return line did not come off... also if this is to tinker, please send him a pm, dont hijack..
Old 08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo problems are here. (jerseykid609)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jerseykid609 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did u install the charge pipes and not realise they were rubbing that bad that looks like somthing that i woulda noticed right off the bat. </TD></TR></TABLE>

we noticed it and i told full race..

We just forgot about it, because there was just soo much extra stuff that needed to be done..