Notices

my rant about overboost.com MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my rant about overboost.com MUST READ

Ordered a Revhard equal length manifold from them early feb. I paid through paypal and in the note section of the order form i stated to them what engine this was for. One week went by and they didnt call me or even email me that my order was procesed but they accepted the money. I called them up asking whats the deal and they told me the person in charge of paypal department was out. I call about a week later and they tell me that they procesed the order but have not placed it yet because they told me I never specified what engine this manifold was for. You would think that they would call the customer to confirm what engine this would be for but no. Im sure that if i didnt call they wouldnt of called me. So anyways I got upset and just blew it off and told them its for a b18b. I ask them is that all the info you need to place my order and they tell me yes. So another week goes by and I was bored and anxious on my manifold so i just call up to check the status on it. Turns out that my order still wasnt placed because they said revhard stoped making the stainless steel version and that it only comes ceramic coated now and they didnt know if i would accept that. Thats fine if they would of called me to confirm. No they have never called me. So i get very angry and tell them it is not my obligation to call up and make sure everything is right. They should call the customer to inform them whats going. I ask them again if the order has been placed and they tell me yes but they said there is a 4-5 week backorder on the manifold. This has really gotten out of hand and is total bullshit. I sent them $950 for a manifold that im having serious doubts about. There customer service has to be the worst I have ever delt with. They lie to you and never return emails or phone calls. They say they will call back and they never do. I also got the inside word from someone that they are past due 4 months with revhard. This is really fucked up. Im so angry. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:14 AM
New User

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (civicudesire)

Thanks for the headsup. I never will hearing that.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heard similar things
Old 04-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (202B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 202B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heard similar things</TD></TR></TABLE>
ditto...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for sharing this with us. they just lost my future business

i hope things work out for you
Old 04-10-2003, 08:31 AM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (keebler65)

just way too many online retailers these days that could care less.

hope everything gets settled.

Old 04-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't read that whole post but I'm betting you they took your money and never gave you anything? Takes forever to get a refund?

Like 2 years ago I ordered an HKS D series turbo manifold from them. I waited over 2 months, they kept saying it was on order from Japan. After 3 or so months they finally said it had been discontinued and I got a refund.

Then I made the mistake over ordering something else, can't remember what it was, but it was supposedly in stock and long story short finally hammered them until they refunded me about 2 months later.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't read the entire post either, but I had already heard negative remarks about them and since haven't given them a second thought. You should always consider posting up here and seeing where everyone has bought their parts from. You may start a "who's got the better $hit" war but at least you will know who you can buy from with confidence.

Also, a lot of guys/gals here including myself have a "best sellers list" or something similar in our sigs.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:57 AM

this is to funny,i call the rep i spoke with yesterday,anyways he said he was going to call today......Which he never did so i placed a call to rob asking the status on it...at first he thought i wanted to order one and I was like umm no I paid u ASSMONKEYS almost 2 months ago....."let me have your name and phone # and i will give you a call back" I know thats not going to happen....these people are clueless or just dont care.....All they do is call revhard and get the answering machine and thats it..i should of gone with a full race manifold...
Old 04-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no complaints about overboost.com. I never bought anything from them but I did get my H&R coilovers for free from them
Old 04-10-2003, 02:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicudesire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is to funny,i call the rep i spoke with yesterday,anyways he said he was going to call today......Which he never did so i placed a call to rob asking the status on it...at first he thought i wanted to order one and I was like umm no I paid u ASSMONKEYS almost 2 months ago....."let me have your name and phone # and i will give you a call back" I know thats not going to happen....these people are clueless or just dont care.....All they do is call revhard and get the answering machine and thats it..i should of gone with a full race manifold... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can't you just go through Revhard yourself? If not try Tom at http://www.Camp1320.com, he used to work at Revhard!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:23 PM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (turbo Si)

I think that you must have bad luck because i order a turbo kit from overboost and they had it too me in one week.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:31 PM
New User

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (badCRX)

good info.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (bgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just way too many online retailers these days that could care less.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not everyone does business that way. There are a few that still care.

Modified by ben@importparts.com at 7:19 PM 4/10/2003
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (ben@importparts.com)

that sucks..... also sucks when you leave someone and not bother to tell them that you arent interested on 10 IC......anymore...

yeah overboost.com should be overtheirhead.com..........
Old 04-12-2003, 04:37 PM

Since when do you just call someone up and order an equal length manifold?

You people must be ******* stupid if you're going to listen to some obsessive-compulsive dimwit bitch about some shop.... what a bunch of lemmings.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:54 PM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (mikikanazawa)

Never done business with them but out of the three online places that i have done business with only 1 gains my support for good customer service and honesty and thats Cheapturbo.com i got my turbo, (minor problems with ups) and updates of the status of it.. they also came through with a flange i needed when i least expected it. The other two places will remain nameless but i waited 4 months for a wg poor service (said it was sent but actually wasn't until 4 weeks late) and another place i orderd flanges from, 2 months of non-returned calls, lies (told me they had to order more, then the next day said that they have had them for a while back and forth... so i canceled my order which took another 3 weeks to actually do ...
Old 04-13-2003, 01:44 AM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (mikikanazawa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikikanazawa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since when do you just call someone up and order an equal length manifold?

You people must be ******* stupid if you're going to listen to some obsessive-compulsive dimwit bitch about some shop.... what a bunch of lemmings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wtf are you talking about you assmuncher............are there special equal length manifold ordering instructions i didnt follow? If its listed as a iteam on the page and says "buy" I think they can get it and have it to me.....Wonders if your related to that sorry *** shop.......
Old 04-15-2003, 07:58 AM
New User

I stopped at Jotech while I was in the Dallas area for the NDRA race. They have a bunch of exhaust manifolds just chillin there.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (badCRX)

Adam, please give OverboostStore.com a call. Their number is 877-HI-BOOST. I no longer work on the retail side of the company, but I'm sure that you can get help from one of the reps. You can talk to Roy. His extension is 219.

I'm the guy that initially spoke to you in regards to the material discrepancy. I understand how you feel about the situation because you coughed up almost $1000 for a manifold that is not within your possession. But the truth is, if we had in stock, we would have shipped it out. The equal length manifolds at Rev-Hard (I've been told) are made to order, and are not shelf items.

Feel free to PM me.

-Armaan
Old 04-15-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (2.0L Turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0L Turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Adam, please give OverboostStore.com a call. Their number is 877-HI-BOOST. I no longer work on the retail side of the company, but I'm sure that you can get help from one of the reps. You can talk to Roy. His extension is 219.

I'm the guy that initially spoke to you in regards to the material discrepancy. I understand how you feel about the situation because you coughed up almost $1000 for a manifold that is not within your possession. But the truth is, if we had in stock, we would have shipped it out. The equal length manifolds at Rev-Hard (I've been told) are made to order, and are not shelf items.

Feel free to PM me.

-Armaan
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly I not even really mad about the wait,i understand something like this is a special order iteam. I just got pissed off when nobody called me up to let me know whats going on. Customer service weak man big time. I will keep waiting....
Old 04-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and ill keep on waiting for your email as well.........
Old 04-15-2003, 04:46 PM

Default Re: my rant about overboost.com MUST READ (MickeeAgain)

yeah i ordered a cusco front lower tie bar from overboost back in the summer of 2002, it took me 3 months to get after numerous phone calls and different stories, no returned phone calls,ect. make al ong story short i did get the bar, shipped free, but i waited 3 months... get the customer service guys some post-it notes or something. it's pathetic.