Notices

The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!!

Hello, i wasnt very sure where to put this, but i know other FI people have had bad experiences with the drop shop. Bottom line is Jon (owner) owes me a Manifold and has for over 2 months and has said he has sent it out numerous times but he hasnt. Here is the whole story:
Del (DIY_racing) sold me a bunch of turbo stuff, the ic and manifold from the drop shop. He said the ic and manifold were being finished and would be to me soon. so i contacted Jon and told him the deal and he was gonna send it out to me. THis was 2 MONTHS ago. I got the ic about a month ago (of which the quality is seriously lacking), but im a function over form guy so no big deal. Before 4 weeks ago he said the the manifold was almost done and would be on its way.
So 4 weeks ago - I finally got a hold of him and he said the flange was warped so he was gonna mill it and send it on its way. I called the next two days, got a hold of him - he said that it was done, boxed up, and dropped off to go out in the mail the next day. I asked for a t/n, he said he would get it. i called back the next couple days trying to find a t/n, but he said he lost it. oh well
Waited the next week.
2 weeks ago - no mani, so i called, he said he sent it, is asked for a t/n, he said he would look, never called back or email.
Tuesday - I get a hold of him - ME - WHERE IS MY MANIFOLD?? him - i dont know? me - did you send it? him - yes, a while ago, you should have got it. He says he will get a hold of Airborne Express (who he has an account with) to find out what happened. Assured me he would call back that day. He didnt, so i called him - no answer. I called him and emailed him numerous times yesterday, no replies or call back. I called him 10 times today, finally leaving a message I WANT MY MANIFOLD OR MY MONEY. no reply yet . the next step is legal action and I am gonna contact the BBB.
This is bullshit, dont buy from the drop shop, unless you like your money getting stolen. I know others have had poor experience with the drop shop, but i kept believing Jon and kept getting the runaround.
My advise - send the drop shop email and calls telling him to send Burke his goddamn manifold or his money.
sorry for the rant - i am just really ******* pissed!
Thanks for taking the time to read this and any sort of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Burke
Old 06-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (Burke)

sucks dude. businesses that make false promises and that lie **** me off. why are they even in business?
Old 06-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (YumVTEC)

Just keep harrassing them and making more, and more threads.
That's what user GraphiteAccord did and they sent him his ****.

Good Luck.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (blackANESE)

his stuff is good took 5-6 months to get my manfold...

Modified by turbod16y8 at 3:50 PM 6/6/2003
Old 06-05-2003, 02:04 PM

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (turbod16y8)

I'm waiting on a manifold also. Hopefully Jon will get caught up soon.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (Vanilla Ic3)

I don't know what the deal is with everyone else. I guess I am one of the luck few; I got my mani. back in Nov. I hope he settles everything with everyone.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (SuperDuperEG)

If you paid by credit card then just call your CC company and let them duke it out. You typically have about 90days after the end of the billing cycle in which the purchase was made to file a complaint with the CC company. If you paid by cash, then shame on you. Hope that you get this worked out.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (blackANESE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackANESE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just keep harrassing them and making more, and more threads.
That's what user GraphiteAccord did and they sent him his ****.

Good Luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd.

I've made a million threads about the Joke shop, i mean, the drop shop. Jon is sooo shady is scares me why people still buy his unfinished crap.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Banned

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (GraphiteAccord)

anybody have and phone numbers or email addy's.
All i got is 603 595 8863 and sales@dropshop.tv
I will get my money or manifold!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

USDM ED9 is Jon's aim name, he never answers though. get used ot it. Just keep bashing him on here, and he'll finally get in touch with ya.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Burke-First of all, I am sorry that you do not have ur stuff---BUT---You cannot entirely blame Jon. You bought something that didnt even exist! Del sold you things he DID NOT EVEN HAVE!! I have sold a lot of stuff, and if I don't have it within a period of time, I refund money. Since it took so long, you should have gotten money back from Del. It seems like you bought into this problem. Your situtation would be like me going to a bank, getting a loan, then lending it out to somebody who decides not to pay it back. The bank doesnt go after the person I gave money to, they go after me. Just like the loan would be in my name; the invoice and payment received was in Del's. Since you bought from Del, you should have a receipt from him, so get your money back from him. Del should be dealing with Jon, not you. I do not believe it is fair for him to pass his problems onto you. It seems that there are far more pleasant dealings with the shop than negative ones like this. I'm sorry yours had to be a bad experience, but there are always that few that happen. As for GraphiteAccords remark to keep on bashing Jon on here, that is just an excellent way to delay whatever you want to achieve even further. Its interesting how I havent heard of any calls from Del, he obviously sold you his problem. Please feel free to call whoever, whether it is the BBB, a lawyer, or even my father's neice's uncle's nephew's daughter's cat. They will all tell you the same thing, you should be getting money or a manifold back from Del, not Jon. I imagine the next thing you or anyone else that had anything nice to say in this thread will do, is move on to bashing me for sticking up for a friend, so feel free. If you don't understand anything I said here, find someone half intelligent to read it and explain it to you.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"
lol!!!!! this **** is so fuked up its funny. i cant believe people still havent recieved their stuff yet. the quality of my mani sucked ***. the ports were such a half *** poor quality design. the crap shop "-----thats why his manifold helps make 260/230 on a stock ls motor. hmmmm. so why is your car out of service btw?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default .

i cant say anything for him or the validity of the way he does business, but airborne express is quite possibly the poorest excuse for a shipping company EVER. I hate them very very much. If you want it to get delivered, i recommend not using airborne.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Gsxtacy)

i don't know the company nor the Jon guy everyone talks about... but for "Gsxtacy"
if this Jon(owner) talked to the person and gave his word that the shop was gonna send the manifold... then is HIS shop doing the shaddy business.

He IS responsible not "Del" who resold the part.
The Drop Shop... never dealt with them, but with this type of customer service, I'm glad I haven't.

PS: The worst thing is that this Jon guy is trying to pimp you around by telling you lies and not responding his email/calls... That's just BS
Old 06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Banned

Default Re: (jz)

This was done as a last resort. I have been laying dormant, keeping my mouth shut for close to TWO MONTHS NOW. Does this really seem unreasonable?
this would have never happened, had i recieved my manifold when Jon said he sent it; the first, the second, or the thrid TIME!! he blantantly LIED to me on multiple occasions. i was never but polite, curteous and very understanding with him. I know anyone with a shop must be very busy as he has told me many times. I knew i was getting the runaround, but i let it slide assuming he was as busy as he says he is. I figured i would get my manifold sometime before my car was finished, but now everything else done except for this damn manifold.
How is me really posting this gonna delay things anymore than they already are. ITS BEEN TWO ******* MONTHS. I have left numerous emails and messages, but not once, NOT ONCE has he returned anything, except for an email saying to call his shop. Which coincidentaly was one of the days when he said he mailed it out.
and Del has been very helpful and he knows if it comes down to it, i will do through the credit card company, which will then go through him. BUT that doesnt even matter. BOTTOM LINE IS - i paid for a manifold over 2 MONTHS ago that i have not received and I have been LIED to NUMEROUS times. what kind of shop owner is this??? how can one stay in bussiness by lying to his customers??

and to gsxtacy - perhaps you can help. you must agree that one whom paid for his item should receive it, no?? do you not see this as completely unreasonable treatment from a business, whether it be your friend or not??

thanks for all the help and replies, i do appreciate it!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"You cannot entirely blame Jon"-note that i said you cant blame it ALL on Jon. joey1320, would you buy something you knew did not exist, and wasn't yet made without some sort of refund available? I dont believe Del offered Burke that option. Thats pretty "shaddy". If the whole deal was to go to court, who do you think would win? I think of these things from that standpoint.
jz-10psi, t3/4 50 trim .48 a/r. How do you know the flow sucks if you havent even tested it? FFgeoff- at least you didnt feel the urge to jump in like joey1320 about something you werent sure about.-you admitted it, thank you. Im not an *** although it really seems like it here. i challenge any of you that have a problem to call up the shop, and actually say whatever you said on here to jon, not the answering machine. its interesting to watch the attitudes change.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

i was LIED TO on multiple occasions! Del never lied to me, only Jon
Old 06-05-2003, 05:47 PM

Uhhhhhhh this news kinda sux I talked to Jon on the CPU and he seemed like a really good guy. I was planning on buying my turbo and he was going to make me a manifold and dp. Now i don't know what to do, this sux. Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!! (kungfujap)

Jon always seemed very nice and concerned with my problem, i am just pissed i was lied to and i am out a manifold and a bunch of dough right now.
I will keep posted whatever happens with this. hopefully, it will work out for the best in the end.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There was a valid transfer of a receivable with consideration, ie, $$. Why is that shady?
Companies do it all of the time - look at how many times someone's mortgage gets shipped around to different lenders over the course of 30 years. Your legal analysis is not right.

Not returning calls, sending tracking numbers, or flat-out lying to a customer is no way to run a business. Why so intent on defending him, especially since more than one customer has had gripes?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GSXtacy, you can **** RIGHT off... I called him almost every day.. its been 6 ******* months... I sold it to burke, i diidnt have it and he knew that. He isnt going to be left hi and dry.

There have NOT been more positive then negative comments about him.. ALl i have seen is negative ****.. I stood up for jon when everyone was bashing him... AND I GET FUCKED.. I stopped calling jon about 2 weeks ago because burke told me jon said he sent it.. Today i get an email saying he STILL hasnt received it.. It is total ******* bullshit is what it is...

You either work for jon, live near jon, or have never purchased anything from him before... He needs to send the manifold that is all there is to it... Bullshit..

Makes me sick, and ******** like you make it even worse.. shut your mouth...
Please, if you would like to continue this PLEASE do it in private messages.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gsxtacy... Man, your funny....

Burke does NOT need to call his CC company.. He didnt buy the ******* manifold from his CC company, he bought it from me. ANd burke knows along with anyone else on this board that im no way shady...

I would be willing to bet a fair amount of money you have jons **** in your mouth right now...
Old 06-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DIY_Racing)

Filing cabinets are a great way to keep things organized. Dude sick the Better Business Beurough on that shop if you wanna duke it out. Don't let sombody kick you around because they can't. I read what you said man and i would have had none of this.

About 2 years ago i had my turbo rebiult at turbonetics because ball bearing center section went out. 1 year 3 months old and 9k miles. They would not warrenty it after they kicked me around inbetween f-max and turbonetics. The final straw was when the guy who was helping me put me on hold to finally find out if it was going to be warrentied and then 15 minutes his later voicemail picked up. Upon recalling the secretary made the comment "o.... well you missed him by about 15 minutes..... he just walked out the door" I then decided that the only person to deal with was edwin (owner) only to find that the rebiuld would cost me 900 bucks. I made some nasty nasty threats and Guess what. 2 years now and 10k miles and my oil seals are starting to go again. I bet they just threw my **** back together with some new seals and charged me like 500 bucks. Defective *** $1400 turbo.......
Old 06-05-2003, 06:47 PM

Default Re: (DIY_Racing)

i do know this, there is many times wher ei have called the drop shop to leave a message, and he picked up the phone at 11pm. JOn is a busy guy. there are 3 guys there that help him out. they have car outside there that have been waiting to get **** done. he does have aot fo other **** to doo too, and basically, he's the only guy there that really knows the stuff. so the other guys are constantly pulling him around there. let the man be, you will get your stuff. every phone call takes 10 minutes off of shop time. He is not a snake, he's a good guy. custom wokr takes a while to do.. something that should be expected.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: (2k1_ITR_0736)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k1_ITR_0736 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He is not a snake, he's a good guy. </TD></TR></TABLE>
The why has he consistently LIED to me???? Does anyone have an explaination for this??? If its gonna take a while fine, TELL ME. just dont lie to my ******* FACE OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Quick Reply: The Drop Shop SUCKS!!!!