Notices

My expriences with SFP & Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hondata dealer/tuner support is dead / SFP

A month ago my 4 pin cable to the s200 blue box needed to be replaced. Emailed Hondata asking to purchase a new one and was told that I had to buy one from a dealer. I had to call 7 different dealers to find one and have them mail it to me from out of state.

Wanted to get my car re-tuned and dyno test some differences between various crankcase ventilation setups to post here for everyone.

Over a month ago I started my journey to track down a tuner I could trust to tune my hondata.

Secret Services is no more.

Mase didn't respond to my pm and email(don't blame him, he is too busy)

Titan Motor sports no longer tunes Hondata directly.

Central Florida Turbo doesn't have the software to tune hondata.

Darin responded to a few of my emails but then just disappeared when I tried to setup a date.

So then I decided to set up an appointment @ SFP in Miami. Big mistake.

A little over a week ago I called and spoke to the tuner/owner and set up a dyno appointment for last Friday. I was told that I should show up before noon because it gets busy on Fridays. I wanted to setup a more concrete time so I said I would show up between 10 and 11 which he said would be fine. I asked him if he preferred if I emailed him to remind him or to confirm things and was advised that its not necessary because he was writing my name on the board for that time spot as we spoke.

I show up as promised @ 10:20 last Friday to have my car tuned. Was told by the guy at the front desk that the tuner/owner had left for the day and I couldn't get my car tuned. I asked if my name was on the board for the time slot and was told it was.
He said "I don't know what to tell you, you can leave your car here over the weekend and we will tune it Monday." I informed him that I drove 4.5 hours from central Florida to get my car tuned and I couldn't simply leave it for another date or come back. I asked him what the problem was if I was setup the appointment correctly. He told me again: "I don't know what to tell you, you can leave your car here over the weekend and we will tune it Monday."

"I live 4.5 hours away and cannot leave my car to get tuned at a later date," I replied a second time as I left.

I wasn't apologized to.

He wouldn't even bother to try calling the owner to ask if he would come back.

So instead of SFP earning 450 dollars for tuning my car they have one pissed off customer who had to drive 9 hours, spend 30 dollars on tolls, spend 40 dollars in gas, and asked for the day off from work.

I purchase hondata over a year ago when chrome and uberdata was still in their infancy. Big mistake. I'm getting rid of hondata and going chrome now.

Can I just remove the s200 box and re-burn my chip with a burner and chrome software?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortunation. Yes, you can remove the box and just re-burn a Crome map on the chip.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (dominate9)

Damn, I can not believe they still pull stuff like that. I have had people turned away like that many times.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can I just remove the s200 box and re-burn my chip with a burner and chrome software?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, copy and paste the maps into Crome (if you scale the map(s) right). If you are going to go Crome, find a Crome Pro dealer. Crome Pro has a lot tools to help tune the car.

There is three Crome Pro dealers that I know of, Me, Zoltan (sp?) in miami, and person in tampa (I forget his name and pgm.fi.org is down).

Good luck
Old 05-22-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, I can not believe they still pull stuff like that. I have had people turned away like that many times.

Yeah, copy and paste the maps into Crome (if you scale the map(s) right). If you are going to go Crome, find a Crome Pro dealer. Crome Pro has a lot tools to help tune the car.

There is three Crome Pro dealers that I know of, Me, Zoltan (sp?) in miami, and person in tampa (I forget his name and pgm.fi.org is down).

Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.
CFL Turbo also supposedly tunes with chrome.

I'm still trying to decide if i want to purchase a wideband o2, burner and laptop and tune myself or just take it to a chrome dealer. I dunno.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (dasher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm still trying to decide if i want to purchase a wideband o2, burner and laptop and tune myself or just take it to a chrome dealer. I dunno.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will be about $700-1500 to start tuning (purchase of tools, etc). It is not cost effective to tune one car. But if you tune it, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did it and can tune others car and make your money back.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata dealer/tuner support is dead / SFP (dasher)

Thats awful.

You definitely should contact Hondata though and let them know of your experiences with their dealers. I know if I had a product where I relied 90% on the dealers to represent my product and my company, I would want to know if relations with customers isnt optimal. Why dont you send this their way, and maybe they will take action. I wouldnt be surprised.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata dealer/tuner support is dead / SFP (dasher)

damn matt,

after reading this, i finally remember u emailing me, i sincerely apologize for not getting back to you.

i think u emailed me right before i left to tune cars in london and when i got back i had such a bunch of emails, yours was on like page 3 of the inbox and i never got back to it.

you should have emailed me again, sorry about that though.

anyways, if you decide to keep the hondata, email me again, we'll set something up set in stone, just give me way in advance time frames because ill be all over the world this summer.

Mase
Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata dealer/tuner support is dead / SFP (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ill be all over the world this summer.

Mase</TD></TR></TABLE>

what an e-celebrity.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Hondata dealer/tuner support is dead / SFP (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

anyways, if you decide to keep the hondata, email me again, we'll set something up set in stone, just give me way in advance time frames because ill be all over the world this summer.

Mase</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, that's why I wasn't upset with you. It's really not worth your time tuning 1 car when you have so many "tuner-events" on schedule..

I PMed you to get some details about your schedule in SFL.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:24 AM

This is why its best to spend the money on yourself and learn how to tune your own car. You cant trust none of these shops, they dont care about tuning cars, they only care if your spending big time money, then they want to be your buddy and have you rock a gay sticker.
I think it sucks you got brushed off like that, but in reality these dudes dont care..
Old 05-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard frank blew up a few more cars this month on low boost...You are a lucky guy he took off early that day.

He still charges people after he blows the motor....you would have been out 450 plus a motor. Be happy he didnt touch it man
Old 05-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea for real frank probaly would have blown up your car......man just try to get mased its worth the wait and it will be done right!!
Old 05-22-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I heard frank blew up a few more cars this month on low boost...You are a lucky guy he took off early that day.

He still charges people after he blows the motor....you would have been out 450 plus a motor. Be happy he didnt touch it man</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yikes ... Mase it is. He tuned my car great the first time and its been running strong for over 1 year.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: (nos51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nos51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea for real frank probaly would have blown up your car......</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a pretty bold statement.....ive seen many many cars that came out of that shop just fine. including 500-700whp hondas.

that day frank left in a hurry for some reason i think something happen n the guy u talked to was paul....that guys a ******* queer. sorry it happened, it sucks CFT doesnt do hondata anymore ive seen them tune some nice cars, n their si is bad ***

if mase tuned your car on chrome n u wana go to hondata just wait for him to get some time.

Modified by civicflnum1 at 7:38 PM 5/22/2005
Old 05-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Far from bold trent but you have the right to your opinion about them..... I guess Phil was getting the SFP reputation a little better and frank managed to **** that up.

In my opinion it was FUCKED up what they did to this guy and theres no excuse for that. NO EXCUSE PERIOD
Old 05-22-2005, 03:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Far from bold trent but you have the right to your opinion about them..... I guess Phil was getting the SFP reputation a little better and frank managed to **** that up.

In my opinion it was FUCKED up what they did to this guy and theres no excuse for that. NO EXCUSE PERIOD</TD></TR></TABLE>

your right there is no excuse....i know i was pissed when i drove an hour for a flange they said they had when they didnt....if i drove 4 hours to get tuned i would of burned the place down lol. Frank and Paul have been weird lately thats why Phil quit....best move he ever made. wait for mase
Old 05-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: (civicflnum1)

I can't remember...is SFP registered on here and if so what is their screen name?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune man. Get something set up with Mase, as you won't regret it.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: (Bulldogg83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't remember...is SFP registered on here and if so what is their screen name?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

phil was the only one registered.....but he told em to **** off n left lmao.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: (civicflnum1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicflnum1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

phil was the only one registered.....but he told em to **** off n left lmao.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I remember about Phil leaving, but didn't know if anyone else was registered on here. Would love to hear their "side of the story" and see how they'd like to cover this up.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah I remember about Phil leaving, but didn't know if anyone else was registered on here. Would love to hear their "side of the story" and see how they'd like to cover this up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

they wouldnt.....paul is a dumb *** n wouldnt care.....and im not sure what frank would do.....only cool thing ive personally seen from him was when a buddy was there tuning his gsr turbo and he had an aem problem frank helped him work out the bugs and did a semi street tune just to get it running safely for free.....thats the only nice thing i saw but since phil left....im scared to see what happens to that place
Old 05-22-2005, 06:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry to hear about your misfortune man. Get something set up with Mase, as you won't regret it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the kind words and support guys. Their are a lot of idiots on honda-tech and then their are the "others" who have been around a while and are always supportive.
This thread is filled with individuals who are the only reason I come back to Honda-tech over the years.

Thanks guys for the support, I cant wait to post some results from the 2 tests I will be doing.

test 1) Open breather ventilation with moroso catchcan (endyn style) VS exhaust assisted vacuum.
test 2) Cam gear tuning VS 0,0
Old 05-22-2005, 06:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the kind words and support guys. Their are a lot of idiots on honda-tech and then their are the "others" who have been around a while and are always supportive.
This thread is filled with individuals who are the only reason I come back to Honda-tech over the years.

Thanks guys for the support, I cant wait to post some results from the 2 tests I will be doing.

test 1) Open breather ventilation with moroso catchcan (endyn style) VS exhaust assisted vacuum.
test 2) Cam gear tuning VS 0,0</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what we are here for man. You need any help just let us know. Currently are you running the Endyn Style Catch can or are you already using the exhaust assisted style. Also what did you use for the exhaust assisted setup?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

test 2) Cam gear tuning VS 0,0</TD></TR></TABLE>

If your down here in miami when mase comes in 2 weeks we can try it out. I have the endyn can and it seems to work great and if you need a hondata dealer in miami PM next time and ill try to help you out
Old 05-22-2005, 06:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If your down here in miami when mase comes in 2 weeks we can try it out. I have the endyn can and it seems to work great and if you need a hondata dealer in miami PM next time and ill try to help you out</TD></TR></TABLE>

endyn can kicks ***.....i hope you get everything worked out. if i were you id print this thread and mail it to SFP.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Currently are you running the Endyn Style Catch can or are you already using the exhaust assisted style. Also what did you use for the exhaust assisted setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pictures and description here :
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1199935

Basically I ran an open breather(endyn style) for setup for 1 year with several different adjustments to test for differences. For the last few months I switched to allowing both my exhaust down-pipe and wastegate dumptube create vacuum to remove crankcase gasses.

Right now I still have connected the moroso catchcan connected to the back of the block on top of the vacuum assistance so am not inducing any vacuum in the crankcase thus far until I plug the two hoses going to the moroso catchcan. The vacuum assistance insures that their is always fresh air in my crankcase and frees up a little windage losses.

I have already noticed from inspecting my oil over the last couple months that it stays much cleaner.

I can't wait to actually induce vacuum in my crankcase!

Quick Reply: My expriences with SFP & Hondata