Notices

my engine keeps breaking up, does temperature affect ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my engine keeps breaking up, does temperature affect ignition?

hey guys,

I've recently transferred a drivetrain including a turbo kit from one crx to another. The only differences are that the new setup had an MSD cap with an external coil. Also, i installed 440cc injectors, but havent changed my fuel pump yet.

I had changed the coil and plugs, and it helped out a bit. Today I changed the distributor rotor, and was going to install a new MSD cap, but it was the wrong model. I will install the correct MSD cap tomorrow. Now, during the day, the motor was not misfiring, except for low rpms. As the night came, and the temperature become progressively colder, the car was misfiring more and more. It was missing in the top end as opposed to lower rpm. The cap needs to be changed and will be changed, but I have a concern.

Would the cold weather (leaning of a/f ratio) throw off the ignition very noticeably? The same psi was running good on stock injectors, fuel rail and pump, but I think the 440s might be draining the stock pump due to leaning conditions. Am I right, or would the tuned 440's output the same gas as tuned stock injectors when tuned for the same a/f ratio? I do not have time for installing the fuel pump, and may have to retune the chip for stock injectors if the stock pump cant handle the larger injectors.

Please comment. All help is greatly appreciated.