Notices

Multi stage nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi stage nitrous

So I've got a built motor, running around 11 to 1 cr. I want to set up a dry 75 shot. Then have direct injection for another 125. Split 75 and 50. Totaling 200. The reason is I want to drive the car all motor and keep 91 octane in the tank. Use an external fuel cell with higher octane for the direct port. Is this possible? Will the dry and wet shots cause interference with each other? Will supplying 110 octane thru the nitrous fuel jets be enough to compensate for such a high bump in nitrous power? Of course I'll get it tuned.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Multi stage nitrous

From those basic questions, it doesn't sound like nitrous is for you... Either pay a shop to do it all or abandon the idea all together. This will absolutely be the best advice I will give to you.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

since it seems like you dont know much about nitrous why dont u start with the 75 play with it learn your way around it then add more in the future. i think your over thinking it right now.

there is "some" good info here https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2A-official-nitrous-thread%2A%2A%2A-2119397/
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guess I will just figure it out myself - appreciate the support guys. How about instead of being pious as$holes, perhaps you could just say "yes" or "no". Then perhaps... back it up with knowledge you have that explains how such a thing is wildly outlandish as you portray. Then we might have a discussion. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how a system like this wouldn't work. Though unconventional to some.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

It isn't "unconventional" at all. IT IS THE DEFINITION OF A TWO STAGE NITROUS SYSTEM... So agqin, you don't have a clue. Nitrous just isn't a toy like boost where you can play around and not get seriously hurt. Explosions, toxic gas, and fires are just a few of the dangers associated with it. So when you come asking such basic questions - it throws up red flags that it isn't for you. People have been doing the two fuek setup as long as nitrous has been in racing...

Since you want to be the ***, let me help you. For starters, I hope you have a sleeved block, some bigger cams (nitrous needs to breathe more than turbo), head work, forged rotating assembly, Hondata S300 so you can control the nitrous and add fuel when activated, ect...

For the first stage you can run a single fogger in the intake tube. The second stage should ONLY be the direct port as that much nitrous mixed with the single fogger could throw things off enough to affect power in places as well as other unwanted things.

Also, do what you want but a 75 shot to a 200 is a big hit, you might want to play with lower shots before you just go all out (which you will have to for tuning). It doesn't matter if you go wet or dry but wet is for safety and dry is for horsepower. So these are the extreme basics, but have fun blowing your engine or possibly killing yourself unless you take the time to actually learn something rather than get spoon fed.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get the S300 and use the nitrous control....Personally youd be ok doing a 100shot dry thru the single fogger. After that you would need to look into more of a direct port since thats when there will be inconsistency stated above. I think you will be more then happy with a 100shot. It will be fairly safe when combined with the S300 and tuned correctly.

I wouldnt look into a 200shot till you get familiar with nitrous. You should be happy with a 100 shot. If you are dead set on a 200 shot you will certainly need a Built bottom end as Nevasatisfied is stating. 50-75 can be had on a stock bottom end when tuned CORRECTLY (100 is getting risky)

Bottom line is get the S300 and get the nitrous control set-up. Then Bring it to the tuner. Use his recomandations as he is the one who is going to tell you what shot he feels comfortable going too, with whatever mods you do have.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ he said it was built bottom end,,,,yes it's possible,,. If 110 ain't enuff for the setup w seperate fuel system, u could run like q16 or similar fuel instead of the 110. ,, Having dry stage and wet together won't interfere with each other,, that setup is totally do able. But as said b4. Start with a single fogger 50 shot. Get the tune dialed in than slowly up the shot until your at your Hp goal,,, , keeping an eye on spark plug n everything after each pull. ...,,,,.. Last but not least. It depends how the motor was built also. Was the rings gapped for big power nitrous?? Bearing clearances??? That will have a big affect on how much n2o a motor can handle also,,
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also just post in the nitrous thread. There a few people who frequent over there ,including myself who have. Sprayed dual stage with pretty big shots
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The block is fully built and machined. I'm sorry I don't have the time to read a 200 page thread on nitrous fully, then analyze the info. Hence the point of this thread. Idk thought this forum was for helping fellow Honda members. So what might've taken me months to find - Im hoping can get answered with knowledge and experience. It isn't possible to run 2 separate direct port systems along with the dry to accumulate 200 horsepower shot in stages instead of a big shot at once?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it's possible as I stated,,. ,,,, And there is a search option so u don't hafta read every page of a thread to find info on your specific issue, It would basically be a 3stage system,, Or run a single dry shot as u planned,,,,and run the direct port kit as a progressive setup ,, start at 50hp n ramp it up to whatever shot u want ,,, same thing as splitting it in 2 more stages
Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Let me clear up any confusion from what I had said. You don't want to run a huge shot on a single fogger and the "big shots" should be saved for direct port injection ONLY. I have been using nitrous longer than most people on this forum have been alive. Just to repeat, start small and don't make the "hits" more than double if possible in the beginning. Too much could go wrong in the tuning phase. It isn't like boost where you can possibly back out of it in time, once you hit the button you are commited. Fully built means absolutely NOTHING on here... that could mean you have a header, cold air intake, and exhaust...

You can stack wet kits, dry kits, and mix the two... but your tuning better be spot on and bottles consistent. You should always have a way to be able to get consistent pressures so every hit stays safe on the same tune.