Notices

Muffler choices for turbo, gutted Greddy SP Muffler OK for turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler choices for turbo, gutted Greddy SP Muffler OK for turbo?

I currently have a Greddy Turbo Kit on my GSR with an Apexi WS2(2.36") exhaust, a bit restrictive for a turbo setup I believe.

I am going to be upgrading my downpipe (after elbow) to a 3" Spoolin Performance piece, and 3" Spoolin Performance exhaust piping.

I have a few different muffler choices, I have a brand new Apexi WS2 Turbo Version muffler on order, but I hear this muffler is huge and may have funky fitment on my dc2.

A buddy also just let me have a Greddy Sp muffler off his DB, I took a quick look inside the muffler and saw the the steel wool or whatever inside was just sliding around, it looks like i can take a hanger or something and just yank it all out maybe? If I yank out all the materials inside the SP muffler, will that technically make the muffler unbaffled and straight thru? Hence, be a little bit better for a turbo setup?
I got the SP muffler free and could always sell back the Apexi muffler so thats a money saver also.

If I have 3" Downpipe/Exhaust piping leading to an NA type/restrictive muffler, does that hinder a world of performance? Or is it not too bad?

I could also just go with a Magnaflow muffler or whatever the shop Im going to has, but I like the 'look' of the WS2 / SP mufflers.

Also, I'm not sure if the Spoolin Exhaust piping comes with resonators, are resonators needed? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't greddy sp2 exhaust a straight through muffler already? But why do 3 inch downpipe to 3 inch midpipe and have it bottleneck to a restrictive axleback? If that is the case, you might as while just keep your apexi ws2 on and get an E-cutout after the downpipe.