Notices

motorolla 2.5bar map ((Junk))

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorolla 2.5bar map ((Junk))

car just randomly stopped starting for me after the first really cold day, map sensor is junk! hooked up the ecu to the s300 program and it never moved off -29.5 vac... way to go for me with the cheaping out huh?

anyway, im wiring back up the stocker tomorrow since its already sitting right on my tb chillin doing nothing, but the only problem is, how do i retune the car for the stock map sensor??? is this easy to do??

and one more thing, probably retarded but i want to ask it anyway.

would it be possible to download my cars current calibrations to my laptop, then email it to someone, have them clean up my partial throttles and then have them email it back?

i had an issue with the car when i got it originally tuned and we could only tune for wot because the tps sensor was acting goofy at anything under 1/4 throttle so im getting pretty bad mileage (22 avg)

it is running good on highway between 14-15 afr but if i get the car anywhere between -7 to + vacuum i shoot from 13-11 quick, id like to be able to accelerate with a little boost but not be sucking gas like a damn v8. is it safe to run a car above 13 afr at like 2-4 psi and under like half throttle load?

sorry this is like 2 topics in one.. i just am totally new the the tuning aspect, all research has been on the buying of parts, and installation, now that thats done its a whole new freakin world of horror
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sure a connection didnt just come loose on the sensor? Those things are fragile.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was sitting over night, ran fine the night before, shut it off, next day it was a dud. i guess i can go out there and wiggle it for a try.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have never had a Motorola 2.5bar map sensor fail on a customer's car.
One thing to consider is the fact that the sensor is kind of fragile & must be mounted in a secure location.

You should consider upgrading to the hondata 4 bar map sensor.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, its mounted to my firewall out of the way of everything. thats why im kind of shocked that it would just go out... hopefully it was just a wire wiggling loose issue, ill check it out tomorrow during the daylight.

i was planning on upgrading to the hondata map sensor this spring, from the looks of it they mount right where the stock map sensor mounts correct?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber
We have never had a Motorola 2.5bar map sensor fail on a customer's car.
One thing to consider is the fact that the sensor is kind of fragile & must be mounted in a secure location.

You should consider upgrading to the hondata 4 bar map sensor.

Exactly, those sensors are never meant to be subjected to moisture, heat, engine bay conditions, etc...

I always spend about $5 to buy a small plastic enclosure to house the sensor, with a custom plastic nipple outside the enclosure for the vacuum line. The sensor is like a small box and could be mounted anywhere in the engine bay without harm. Never had any of these sensors failed at all. Instead, I get GM 3Bar, old OEM Honda MAP, Hondata/Omni sensors fail all the time.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by didder
i was planning on upgrading to the hondata map sensor this spring, from the looks of it they mount right where the stock map sensor mounts correct?
Correct.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only problem I had with the motorola 2.5 bar map is when the piggy tail keep coming loose. Other than that it was fine.