MotorMatrix=Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotorMatrix=Rip Off

I know that MotorMatrix posts on this site so here it goes. My friends car got stolen and all that they could get was his head before it was found. As any of us would be he was down in the dumps. Well he was looking for a head and noticed a type R head for sale online. Well he purchased the head and when it came in he was suspicious that it wasnt a type R head. Well we did some research and it was a type R head but no type r cams. Me and my friends are hard working honest people and it is messed up that motormatrix would flat out rip somebody off on some cams. After weeks of email and calls we finally got in touch with him and he said well send me the Si cams and i will get you some type r cams. Know he is saying that he sent Type R cams and that he is going to do nothing about it. It has come to the point that my friend has hired a lawyer. My friend has also called the local police where this guy lives and told them about the scam and before he could say motormatrix the cop answered with that name. Obviously this guy has done more than one scam if the cops know him before you can say his name. Here is th cops exact quote when my friend said he got ripped off by a local shop " let me guess Motormatrix". I just wished that people could be honest. If you are in the wrong say so. I just hope that this post can send a message to people that we were ripped off by motormatrix and that he should fix the problem like a honest man should. Later
Brad
Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (Red99CivicSi)

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to your friend.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (Diego Boost)

Seems like Motomatrix is a good guy on this forum.

How did you determine they were si cams and not type r cams?

Any why is this posted in FI? it has nothing to do with FI.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Should have been posted in General. Do you have any pictures of the camshafts?
Old 03-18-2003, 04:04 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (0x64)

Man you are amazing. I spoke with your friend about this. I sold a type r head and type r cams that i pulled of a 2000-2001 type r with my own hands. I shipped to the guy who posted this freind.he got it thanked me for it and asked for a receipt and vin from where it came and everything. So i spoke with him about 1-2 days after he got the head and all the parts. Well a week after i get an email stating the cams are not type r. Now I'm thinking here we go again. another customer that has no idea about anything. He verifies with me the head is type r. so thats a start atleast he knows the head is type r so we are past that. I asked him to check on the end of the cam and make sure it has 2 lines on it so you know its type r. he says no it doesnt. I'm thinking this is another customer who doesnt knwo what he is looking at. I told him mail them to me so i can double check. i get them back and immediately after unwrapping one I knew they were not what i shipped. these are si cams as he said that i sent him. Now i have never seen 99-2000 si cams so when i saw these i knew it wasnt what i sent cause they dont even look liek type r nor were they the same color as the ones i sent. I asked him why he waited 7 days before emailing about this and why when I talked to him 2 days after he didnt mention it. I also asked if maybe someone form his shop did the switcharoo on him maybe. he says thats not possible cause when he opened the box, he had 3 friends and the ups guy there and noticed they didnot look like type r. so i asked again why he didnt email me right away or refuse the box. by the way he paid on credit card so if he refused it he could dispute it. he says he wanted to make sure they werent type r first.

I'm sorry but I am not buying his story nor am I refunding his money for the cams. I know what i shipped and I am the victim here. if he emailed right away I may have thought the claim was legitimate but I know what i shipped becuase I boxed them myself. It was paid on credit card also. Would I attempt to rip off someone who paid via credit card knowing they can just dispute it??

if i was a thief i would sell it on ebay and get via paypal like everyone else does. as a matter of fact i paid via paypal for a block a month ago that was damaged beyond use before shipping it and paypal would give me nothing. they state they only ensure that i received the part not the quality. So if i wanted to rip someone off i would sell it and get paid paypal. Regardless of that, I am absolutely not out to rip anyone off. I wouldnt want it done to me and I dont do it to others ever!!! If he disputes and wins so be it. I got ripped off again. But I am not going to just send 600.00 so he can buy type r cams at the dlr as he says. which is another thing. he wnted me to send money so he could buy a set of cams he located locally. This really sucks but I cannot in my right mind just refund this person. sorry.

about the cops saying "let me guess, motormatrix" thats a bunch of bullshit sorry. We are known by the police in margate since we also do vinyl graphics for all of the cities police cars and fire trucks. we are not in the business to rip people off and you are really stretching the story with this one!!! Oh and I ahve an email that is just asking for the vin # and receipt for the head which i forgot to put in the box that was 2 days after. he never claimed the cams were wrong until 7 days later!!

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 8:09 PM 3/18/2003]

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 8:27 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 04:04 PM

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (0x64)

first of all is the wrong forums... and from what I seen around here motormatrix is a good seller... not to say he didn't do it... hope your friend gets what he order though I know is a bitch gettting the wrong ****...
Old 03-18-2003, 04:09 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (LJR-LUDE01)

From what ive seen on the board and when i lived in miami, motormatrix is a good seller, are you sure your not trying to get some R cams for your si?
Old 03-18-2003, 04:13 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (Mpir3)

Thanks from you guys that do know us!!! Do you think the city would allow us to do graphic work on all their city vehicles if we were ripping people off!! Funny this guy has an si too. sure they arent your cams and you gusy didnt come up with the master scam to get them from some stupid shop owner that doesnt know what he is selling in the 1st place. your friend did not get lucky and order this head from an apc/toucan/ractive shop that doesnt knwo what they are selling. we only sell high quality performance parts. We know what we sell!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (MotorMatrix.com)

Should have taken pics of what you sent him, so you can prove the cams were or were not the same as you sent him.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:17 PM

you sure you weren't trying to swap your Si cams for some free type R cams? you do drive a 99 si.... maaayyybe you're trying to rip him off.

hehe, dunno. just a thought.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:20 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (Muckman)

Ive realized this the hard way now. Who is to say I wont take a pic of my type r cams and then send something else though. I really never thought this would happen.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This would probably get more feedback in another forum, but I hope everything works out for you all.

Getting ripped or being blamed for something sux.

Old 03-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (boostedsol)

by the way if I did this intentionally. dont you think I would just take it back since it was paid on credit card and all i would lose is the shipping on it. But I did not send the wrong cams and now I am losing 500.00+shipping if i just refund the money for the cams. I woudl rather go to small claims court and waste my time their fighting it out. then to give in to soemone i know is trying to rip me off.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:33 PM

motormatrix i think im with you on this one..
good luck in solving this stuff out..
Old 03-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sometimes it's better for your business to bite the bullet and take the loss to preserve your good name.

Even if you do go to court over a few hundred dollars and win, you may loose even more in future sales due to a tarnished name.

Old 03-18-2003, 04:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I have delt with motormatrix on the phone, and can say he is a good honest guy from my perspective. Sounds like someone wants a free set of itr cams. BTW, you should be able to tell in 10 seconds what cams came with them, along with the head...If it takes you any longer, then you're an idiot.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:40 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (WuWarrior)

Sometimes it's better for your business to bite the bullet and take the loss to preserve your good name.

Even if you do go to court over a few hundred dollars and win, you may loose even more in future sales due to a tarnished name.
you are 100% right on this. I am the type to just bite the bullet and learn from it. except this is too blaintant and I'll take my chances on it. If it cost more in court and he doesnt get his money I will feel better than just refunding money for cams he already has. there are too many shady things going on his end for me to think he is being honest anyway. The fact stands that I know what i shipped and know it was type r because I took the head off myself and shipped it myself.Also, If i didnt have type r cams to sell with it, I would have sold it w/o cams and got nearly the same amount for it w/o the cams. This is not worth the headache to make a couple hundred bucks trust me!!!

I may not be back on line tonight cause i have to go out. So dont think I'm dodging any questions. i will follow up on this tomorrow if I'm not back on tonight.

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 8:44 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would usually say the same thing but I wouldn't do it this time because the guy had to go and start a thread on Honda Tech in the F/I section
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (GraphiteAccord)

look at it simply this way..... if MotorMatrix were out to rip people off, he wouldn't be a positive member on this board... AND, someone with a 667whp H22 CAN'T be bad, it's just NOT possible
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (GraphiteAccord)

Thing is..if you come to this site and want to complain about something, you're not going to be taken seriously if nobody knows who you are. Red99CivicSi - you are a fairly new member, and haven't been around long enough for people to get a feel for what type of person you are. We also know that you did a compression test on your GSR engine with a SI head (did a search under your username).

I'm with motormatrix on this one...looks like you're trying to pull a scam
Old 03-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (bryan305)

Thing is..if you come to this site and want to complain about something, you're not going to be taken seriously if nobody knows who you are. Red99CivicSi - you are a fairly new member, and haven't been around long enough for people to get a feel for what type of person you are. We also know that you did a compression test on your GSR engine with a SI head (did a search under your username).

I'm with motormatrix on this one...looks like you're trying to pull a scam
Wow thanks for the detective work!!! seems as though the guy who posted this has an si head on a gsr motor and the motor is down right now. he also posted on the 1st of the month which is 4-5 days after the head was received by his buddy. sorry, I am feeling less and less bad about this!! Liek i said before I am the tyoe to just eat the loss and learn from my mistake. but I cannot sleep at night knowing this is a striaght up rip off scam by this guy!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds fishy

Mike is good peeps

[Modified by Cartek-Tuning, 8:59 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (Cartek-Tuning)

hm...so where did this guy go?

motor matrix
Old 03-18-2003, 05:09 PM

I think motormatrix is an *******, cant stand the dude... but I believe you're trying to scam him which is a big no no I hope hitler anally rapes you in hell.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: MotorMatrix=Rip Off (UberTeg)

I think motormatrix is an *******, cant stand the dude... but I believe you're trying to scam him which is a big no no I hope hitler anally rapes you in hell.
I think that's cool that you don't like him, but also don't let that affect your judgement of the situation.