Notices

::more turbo help please::

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ::more turbo help please::

TIA,
i hit a few bumps today and wanted to know what you guys think... i ordered a RH 2.5 DP, but then found out it was 2.25 thats the first thing. Im now contemplating what to do with my 02 sensors, i have obd2 so 1 is in the cat and 1 is in the collecter for the header... anyway my pos 2.25" doesnt have any hole for the o2 sensor so i dont know what to do with that, either somehow trick the sensor or somehow get it into the DP, or somehow ditch it?!... i think i will have to use it but not sure. I dont want to run like ****. BTW It will be tuned in a week with an AEM EMS. I am going to see the welder to weld my oil pan to the return line, and i need to get some of that copper seal thats like a liquid for a gasket on the flange for the oil return out of the turbo. also where should i mount my egt? Im thinking in either the downpipe (not sure exactly where) or one of the runners on a cylinder... but in bad cases one cyl. might be fried and could defeat purpose of egt... just a thought... anyway I might have to shave off some webbing on the block because of the big turbo, do you think that will effect blocks stability ? last Q for the day is what should i do with my AIT sensor.....
thanks again
Old 12-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ::more turbo help please:: (Civic420)

help
Old 12-21-2002, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ::more turbo help please:: (Civic420)

You can get a universal o2 bung and have your welder weld that into your downpipe. I know a lot of people using large turbos have to shave webbing off the block, personally I would not worry about it at all. The egt I would put in the runner to get the most accurate temperature reading, then you will have to assume all cylinders are running equally though.