more help with power fc

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default more help with power fc

ok,today i finally got it to where i could drive it.i had to put the injector correction at 100% and lag time at 0.i also raised the pim volt all the way up(the ones with voltage listed,not rpm).it runs fine under normal driving,but once the rpms go up and it starts to build boost,it gets bad rich.i assume i will have to gradually lower the pim volt.i have 720cc injectors,gm 3 bar map and it was programed by xs(without car).they had the injector at 38.9% and lag time at .06ms which i thought was correct.it was so lean it would not run.could they have programed it wrong?i would have thought it would run somewhat ok right out of the box.the only other thing it does funny is that when you let off the throttle and go to give it gas when driving around its like the throttle doesn't work until it's pressed in a ways(maybe 1/4).then when it does work,it jerks because it is partially engaged.it seems as if the throttle where calibrated wrong.could there be something wrong with the car?i am going to call xs tommorow but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: more help with power fc (turbotypeR)

Talk to Sven. He sometimes frequence the Type-R board so he will not see this post. He has his Power FC not installed jet, but the guys who will install this unit are very very knowledgable about the Apexi Power FC.

His Email: sven@integratype-r.de

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2002, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: more help with power fc (austrian ITR)

When you are messing with the PIM voltage it is altering the map voltages. If you are turning it up to say 150% then you will be adding 50% more fuel at each spot in the map. It sounds to me you are running lean at the low revs and by turning the voltage up you are increasing fuel enough to run good at low revs but then the top gets rich. Put the PIM voltage back at 100 and if you cant get the lower revs correct with the maps then change the PIM voltage at the RPM screen. Only change the rpms range that you want to alter.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: more help with power fc (boosted3g)

i think that we have figured it out.i finally got in touch with koji at xs.he was very helpful and stayed on the phone with me until we figured it out.we wound up changing the injector lag time to +0.64ms.he said that it was set according to blitz injectors and he wsn't sure about the rc's.we adjusted it both ways until it idled correctly.he answered all of my questions and showed me alot.koji-you the man!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:53 PM
New User

Default Re: more help with power fc (turbotypeR)

so what does the injector lag time do? i'm using rc440's at 59% and .02lag.. the car is running ok but is overly rich.

are there instructions anywhere for the powerfc so i can learn how to tune it or do you just have to guess or pay someone to tune it?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: more help with power fc (brian b)

lag time is the amount of time it takes for the injectors to click on from the time that the ecu sends the signal.each brand injector is going to need a different time.it makes a bigger difference at idle than at normal driving.i just turned it up and down until it idled correctly.as far as instructions go,they come with the fc commander and they aren't as easy to understand as they should be.tuning should be done on a dyno.