Missing Link testimonials

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 08:11 AM
spark plugs.

Default Missing Link testimonials

I have a 1995 boosted teg...a little project that my friend and i threw together. Originally, when i boosted, the car would throw a CEL and the car would start running in limp mode. When i turned the car off and restarted, the CEL would come off until i boosted again. I did a little searching and used the CEL chart from c-speedracing.com and found out it was my MAP sensor. Through honda-tech i found out that my MAP sensor was seeing boost. 2 remedies was to set up a system of various check valves to prevent it or to get a Missing Link from synapse. I researched it some more and decided to try it. i bought it from importparts.com. they have excellent service and are PROMPT. needless to say, i received it and installed it. Installation was nothing more than 5 minutes. I took the car for a spin. No more CEL, no hiccups, no backfiring, no limp mode. This little 5 min fix has made the WORLD of a difference in the reliability of my turbo. I HIGHLY recommend this product.
to synapse for making a quick fix for an ANNOYING problem.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (troublecodes)

oh........ok, Thanks for the info!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (FwdCivicHatch)

or rather than spending like $40 u could have made a checkvalve setup for less than $10?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:44 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (turbo craig)

Are you running stock injectors? Since u like researching, do some research on uberdata and ditch the missing link....
Old 05-17-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (VNTEC)

I used to use missing link,and for the money it's worth it.Turbo craig, for ten dollars that setup would look ghetto as hell I bet, just spend the extra dough and get a nice billet aluminum piece that looks excellent in craftmanship,and when you upgrade like me you'll get most if not all your money back for it, if you take care of it.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (numba1)

naw doesnt look ghetto if u do it right..specally as he said hes just "throwing" a kit together
Old 05-18-2004, 08:40 AM
spark plugs.

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (turbo craig)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo craig &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">naw doesnt look ghetto if u do it right..specally as he said hes just "throwing" a kit together</TD></TR></TABLE>

"throwing" together didnt mean taking b.s. parts. i mean we put together our own kit, no a rev-hard, or maxrev, or greddy. i DO want my **** lo0king nice and the Missing Link has form AND fashion.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:42 AM
spark plugs.

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (VNTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VNTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you running stock injectors? Since u like researching, do some research on uberdata and ditch the missing link.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm running 450 dsm injectors. NY doesn't have too many turbo tuners, i'm not knowledgeable enough to tune an uberdata myself. The HACK is working fine as is.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My testimonial about the missing link is that running one is is like missing a few links between your ears.

Sorry to be an ***, but you monitor fuel pressures once on a high ratio FMU/small injector setup and you'll hate on it forever, too. By the time you cobble together a big injector/small ratio FMU/piggyback fuel controller setup to correct the extreme and extremely inconsistent fuel pressures you could have bought an aftermarket standalone.

Uberdata isn't that hard, and the cost isn't much more than the missing link. If you don't feel comfortable jumping into it now, that's cool, but I think you should be moving toward it as a clean, dependable setup. Read up here, at homemadeturbo.com, and on the UD Forum, and feel free to ask questions about it.

Modified by J. Davis at 4:35 PM 5/18/2004
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
spark plugs.

Default Re: Missing Link testimonials (J. Davis)

uberdata sounds like a good future move, are there any people in the NY area that know how to chip? the missing link does it's job marvelously, but the afc hack is inconsistant as a ****!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:57 AM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troublecodes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uberdata sounds like a good future move, are there any people in the NY area that know how to chip? the missing link does it's job marvelously, but the afc hack is inconsistant as a ****!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If i can figure it out and understand it with my A.D.D im sure you could grasp it easily. Read Read Read...and Read more.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troublecodes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uberdata sounds like a good future move, are there any people in the NY area that know how to chip? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why don't you learn how to chip? It would cost less than $100 to get into.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troublecodes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the missing link does it's job marvelously, but the afc hack is inconsistant as a ****!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The missing link may do it's job well, but the FMU it's teamed up with is a pile of ****. And AFC hacks are very consistent - razor sharp even - with how they manipulate your fuel and ignition timing with engine load. While it's a pile of ****, too, I'd trust one before I'd trust an FMU.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do yall use a missing link w/the hack?
Old 05-18-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: (Iceman05)

Ive run SDS EIc on other cars with great success why is nobody running them on hondas ,so easy and pretty affordable.