Notices

MBC = EBC ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBC = EBC ?

I know using a mbc you don't get the benefit of switching your boost from inside your cabin as with an ebc but, am i to understand that with this MBCS that it'll kind of act like it ? As i read the info on the product it sounds to me as if this will allow you to keep your traction in 1-2nd on whatever boost you want and then automatically switch it to a next desired boost level in 3-5th.

To me this sounds pretty good as for the price and was wondering if anyone has used it or something like it. Am i correct in my thinking that it's like a EBC as far as different boost settings per gear ( they have it where you can put even 3 settings ) ?

Anyone use this or something like it ? Comments on the product are welcomed as i'd like to hear ppl's views on it.

http://dawesdevices.com/dual.html

Old 12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
New User

JUST FYI, Turbosmart and Turbo XS make dual stage Manual Boost controllers whcih can be switched to second stage or wired into your EMS or similar way. Also Turbo XS sells a Quad Stage Manual boost controller which alot of the fastest T4/SFWD cars are using I will check that link out too in a few
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

im using a turbo xs dual stage mbc and all i have are good things to say.
boost holds consistently, and i have it tied into neptune so even when the switch is activated, ill only actually "have" high bost after my 2-3 gear shift.

Old 01-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yehiknowrite)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yehiknowrite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im using a turbo xs dual stage mbc and all i have are good things to say.
boost holds consistently, and i have it tied into neptune so even when the switch is activated, ill only actually "have" high bost after my 2-3 gear shift.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so your dual stage works as: 1-2 gears your desired boost a.k.a low boost, then 3-5 gears your next desired boost a.k.a high boost right ? So this in essence will do the same right ? I'm just trying to find out if this product will have the same affect as the turbo xs model. It's cheaper and i've heard some good reviews from ppl that have used these products.

Have you looked at the site i provided ? Any comments on it ?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SleepersOwn)

yup...1 and 2 are low boost...you can use it at your own will too...its calibrated through the ecu to trigger high boost once your speed is what it would be at the beginning of 3rd from redline in 2nd, so roughly 68 mph. so you can have fun on the highway

the link you provided looks somewhat like it, but you get what you pay for