Notices

Max Rev BOV

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max Rev BOV

I know a couple people had problems with the max rev BOV.... I have some too.. It flutters when it blows off and I think I am loosing some mad boost through it (2-3 PSI). I am only boosting 6.5, so to me thats a lot... ANyway, I was wondering whether I can adjust this BOV.... I have it setup up this way (probably NOT a good idea, but I need ideas). I have cut my FPR and put one of those 3 t things. I have my BOV, Wastegate, and BOOST Guage all going from it. Is this a reason I may be leaking boost through it? Where else can I tap my vaccum lines? PICS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANKS!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:02 AM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max Rev BOV (BlackB18CTeg)

I have my MaxRev BOV tapped from a single source, and I actually like it alot. I tapped mine from the PCV valve. It's a really nice source too. It's not extremely loud, but it works well. I'm not going to bash this BOV. They're better ones out there, but it does it's job like it's supposed to.

No you cannot adjust this BOV. Make sure the BOV is seated nicely on the flange, you may be leaking a little bit of boost there.. I'd check your I/C piping again and use the FPR solely for the wastegate. Or better yet, the brake booster. (Thick line that goes into the master cylinder)
Old 10-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max Rev BOV (pub)

This is old, but I got a Max Rev BOV and it sounds awesome. Even better than the HKS in my opinion. What I did to make sure that it would perform well before I used it was...
-Give the BOV it's own source for vacuum
-Increase the nipple size to the same size as the Wastegate and use a larger vacuum line.

If you got problems with your Max Rev BOV feel free to give us a call and I can help yah make it work great.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Max Rev BOV (BodyKits NW)

I also run that bov and it works great. I remember kyle saying something about them sticking if the assembly lube was taken out.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max Rev BOV (Peter North)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Peter North &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also run that bov and it works great. I remember kyle saying something about them sticking if the assembly lube was taken out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WD40 fixes everything... mine works beautifully. the tighter it is, the crisper the sound, the looser it is, the more sloppy it sounds. either way, it works, and sounds decent.

krazy