Notices

Matt from One-Fab (sorry, no tech info here).

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matt from One-Fab (sorry, no tech info here).

I apologize in advance for making this thread in this forum, so if it needs to be moved to "Classifieds," please move it.

I guess I had a similar experience buying from Matt, as most of his costumers had, but I think I got all of them beat on the wait time. I bought a manifold, down pipe, dump tube, and intercooler ($1989) from Matt in the middle of April, 2005 and was told it would take 4-6 weeks to ship. I called and/or left him a message/PM/email once a month or every other month and he gave me his regular excuses and reassurance that it would ship "next week". That "next week" never came. To kinda sum it up, I still don't have what I ordered from Matt or my money back; and during all this time I learned how to weld by enrolling in a intro to welding along with a couple of TIG courses in a local community college, where I got a certificate for GTAW. I know it's my fault (very stupid of me) for waiting that long in the first place and that I should have demanded my money or filed a claim a long time ago. I contacted him a week ago through a PM (never got a response there) and later a phone call and an email asking him to either ship my order in the next couple of days or refund money. No response so far.

If you are considering buying a manifold, exhaust, down pipe, mounts or whatever, I suggest you enroll in some welding classes, that way you don't have to pay rediculous amounts of money and wait extended periods of time from "very busy fabricators" without knowing what's going on with your order.

I'm only posting a thread because Matt doesn't like to answer PM's, emails, or phone calls and it seems like this method works best (I'd post my PM's but they're pretty much one sided conversations). Apologies for clattering the forum.

Matt, it's been a pleasure doing business with you and all, but at this point I would just like my money back.

Thanks,
Serge
Old 03-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

join the burning bus
Old 03-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbosnatch)

If matt would stop burning people this wouldnt have to be done...I think ive said enough about matt...and its not like it will matter anyway...this thread will just disappear like all the other ones.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid_Coupe)

a fabricator once told me it would take 10-15 years for me to learn how to tig. i learned to weld decent enough to my own expectations in 1...
Old 03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a fabricator once told me it would take 10-15 years for me to learn how to tig. i learned to weld decent enough to my own expectations in 1...</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol I remember first starting and talking to people who have done it for years and hoping one day i could be that good...not even a year and half later, i might be better than some of them
Old 03-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhoenixTurboJesse)

lol im sorry....this is just comical.

this guy was able to go learn how to weld, receive some certificiation in welding and prolly weld his OWN **** in the time it took Matt to send out his stuff...

sad.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (PhoenixTurboJesse)

This is why paying by credit card is your friend.

If you did, all you have to do now is call you CC company and tell them you bought this stuff from this guy, give them the info you have and tell that you never got the merchandise. They IMMEDIATELY put the money back into your account.

I have had to do this more than once because of scammers!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. Vapor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol im sorry....this is just comical.

this guy was able to go learn how to weld, receive some certificiation in welding and prolly weld his OWN **** in the time it took Matt to send out his stuff...

sad. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he's still waiting
Old 03-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out RLD-Fab.....i'm getting a dump and downpipe from them. I talked to Ron and he was going to hook me up! I'm sending my manifold to him in order to clear AC w/ the dp, but he told me that he'll crank out the dp and dump in the same day that my package arrives and ship it the same day!!!! Thats the kind of service that more shops should offer. Not to mention, his prices are very reasonable!!

-i can't vouch for his service yet, but he seemed upfront about it and was very personable. Once it gets back to me, i will let you guys know about his customer service and turn-around time!!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check out neukin also
Old 03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is unreal. In a month it will be a year.

One-Fab is a scammer company, plain and simple.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:28 AM

ive been waitn for about 9 months for mine, same excuses, ill ship it this week,the kid is a bs artist
Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BooStedK20)

i remember waiting on one fabricator who will remain nameless for more than 1 year! i remember, my friend got his wife pregnant... and his kid came out before my manifold did... i thought wtf... this woman made a whole entire person, and this fab guy couldn't make me a damn manifold!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i remember waiting on one fabricator who will remain nameless for more than 1 year! i remember, my friend got his wife pregnant... and his kid came out before my manifold did... i thought wtf... this woman made a whole entire person, and this fab guy couldn't make me a damn manifold!</TD></TR></TABLE>
LMMFAO!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One-Fab is a scammer company, plain and simple.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Matt from One-Fab (sorry, no tech info here). (preludeserge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol im sorry....this is just comical.

sad. </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL
Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Matt from One-Fab (SOHCD16y8)

Does anybody know how to contact Matt, it seems like he has been ignoring everybodies pms, emails, and phone calls...He needs to get off his *** and start shipping our stuff that we paid for...Matt if you read this call me asap, this **** is getting old...
Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is unreal. In a month it will be a year.

One-Fab is a scammer company, plain and simple.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Heck I wouldn't want to wait even 2-3 months for a manifold much less 9 or 10. I understand everyones anger, but Matt is not a scammer. Just because his manifolds are taking forever and a day, thats not the same as stealing(unless he has told some of you to F*&% off and that I wouldn't know about). From what I understand(and I dont know every side of every story) he has offered to give refunds to those that have asked. I just went ahead and bought myself a manifold because I didn't want to wait.

I hope you guys dont jump all over me for this.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95CXLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95CXLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Heck I wouldn't want to wait even 2-3 months for a manifold much less 9 or 10. I understand everyones anger, but Matt is not a scammer. Just because his manifolds are taking forever and a day, thats not the same as stealing(unless he has told some of you to F*&% off and that I wouldn't know about). From what I understand(and I dont know every side of every story) he has offered to give refunds to those that have asked. I just went ahead and bought myself a manifold because I didn't want to wait.

I hope you guys dont jump all over me for this. </TD></TR></TABLE>Man you know how much he would be earining on interest alone with these peoples money? If he isn't a scammer then he is definitely a douche.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95CXLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heck I wouldn't want to wait even 2-3 months for a manifold much less 9 or 10. I understand everyones anger, but Matt is not a scammer. Just because his manifolds are taking forever and a day, thats not the same as stealing(unless he has told some of you to F*&% off and that I wouldn't know about). From what I understand(and I dont know every side of every story) he has offered to give refunds to those that have asked. I just went ahead and bought myself a manifold because I didn't want to wait.

I hope you guys dont jump all over me for this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude he always say he offers refunds, but that takes awhile too. My friend was supposed to get a refund from him around christmas time, and he just got the check a few days ago unfucking believable....

I cant wait to see some more of his excuses.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95CXLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but Matt is not a scammer. Just because his manifolds are taking forever and a day, thats not the same as stealing </TD></TR></TABLE>

Telling people it's going to take 4 weeks, taking your $1500, not producing a product 11 months later while still gathering interest on your investment = Performing a Scam Seeing as Matt is the person doing this scam, he is the scammer. Quit trying to candy coat it by making him seem to be good person.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Telling people it's going to take 4 weeks, taking your $1500, not producing a product 11 months later while still gathering interest on your investment = Performing a Scam Seeing as Matt is the person doing this scam, he is the scammer. Quit trying to candy coat it by making him seem to be good person.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ehhhh....Im not trying to but ok. Like I said I dont know every part of all the stories. I didn't look at it that way...with interest an all. I hope everyone gets thier parts to make them go fast.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People from Texas shouldnt be in these one-fab threads cause you're not helping instead making matter worse.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

Simply stop buying these shitty products, everyone.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si Shane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Simply stop buying these shitty products, everyone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not shitty products, it's just backorders....it's a lot of supply and demand. just sucks to be on the waiting end.

Quick Reply: Matt from One-Fab (sorry, no tech info here).