Notices

MAC Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC Solenoid

Looking into MAC boost control solenoids but don't know which is best or even correct to use.

Found conflicting part numbers VIA threads on here but haven't had any answers thus far.

Was looking into this solenoid- http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...roductid=24381

But from what I've been reading here-
https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/truth-about-mac-boost-solenoid-2350901/

There's two other options? Another 35 series model and a 36 series model for "continuous" use. Anyone have any luck with the 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA model? Beings that Hondata/AEM are the same exact unit; Just re-labeled, I'm sticking with MAC
Old 06-23-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: MAC Solenoid

Originally Posted by CleanEm2
Looking into MAC boost control solenoids but don't know which is best or even correct to use.

Found conflicting part numbers VIA threads on here but haven't had any answers thus far.

Was looking into this solenoid- http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...roductid=24381

But from what I've been reading here-
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2350901

There's two other options? Another 35 series model and a 36 series model for "continuous" use. Anyone have any luck with the 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA model? Beings that Hondata/AEM are the same exact unit; Just re-labeled, I'm sticking with MAC
You Don't. You get something like a Chrysler or other OEM Automotive solenoid which can both run on Hondata. and have the same voltage. no spike, no mess ups. OR run a manual boost controller and NEVER worry.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
You Don't. You get something like a Chrysler or other OEM Automotive solenoid which can both run on Hondata. and have the same voltage. no spike, no mess ups. OR run a manual boost controller and NEVER worry.

No spike, no mess ups? Pretty sure MAC/AEM/Hondata all have a failsafe for this reason as well....

Run a manual boost controller and "NEVER" worry? Anything can fail, Even a manual controller. You can't run Boost by gear with a manual anyways
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by CleanEm2
No spike, no mess ups? Pretty sure MAC/AEM/Hondata all have a failsafe for this reason as well....

Run a manual boost controller and "NEVER" worry? Anything can fail, Even a manual controller. You can't run Boost by gear with a manual anyways
heh. you wouldn't need a failsafe or issues if the damn thing worked in the first place. Look at ALL the wonderful little threads of "boost creep? Is it my manifold, my wastegate dump? what could cause this?" And yet they have the safety features in place as well.

Chrysler solenoids. Same voltage signal for hondata to read, same hook up, a small change is SManager in the default setting, and DONE. If you want to fight all day with an industrial solenoid in an automotive application, go right ahead. doing this long enough, I'll tell that the solution is in an automotive solenoid, not this bad boy. Hell, and I'm an Hour away from their headquarters.

As for BBG... well, drag racers, what can I say. It won't help you, if you can't keep stable boost pressures.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan

Chrysler solenoids. Same voltage signal for hondata to read, same hook up, a small change is SManager in the default setting, and DONE.
Link
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM

http://www.autopartsway.com/PartList.../pagenum1/tabS

Even the Grimspeeds are better than the MAC

You can change the OEM wiring plug that the Grimmspeed uses so that you can switch connectors.

It may be subaru based, but they control higher boost pressures 10X more than most hondas will need and control quite well. the instructions will work on universal setups as well as Subarus so don't be skerrred.

How-To on the Grimmspeed

Honda people just are too afraid of other companies that work because they think its that different in terms of simple voltage.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So no mac solenoid then? I've got my gm solenoid laying around but I might need the mac unit to control air pressure to an assembly that controls my vgt system
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by wantboost
So no mac solenoid then? I've got my gm solenoid laying around but I might need the mac unit to control air pressure to an assembly that controls my vgt system
Keep what you have. there won't be any difference in switching to a MAC to control air pressure. same phenomenon, same hook up. If you're using SManager, its s simple switch to default "closed" as the blow-through works when there is voltage to it.