Notices

MAC Boost Solenoid question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC Boost Solenoid question

Ok I have a few questions about my boost solenoid. I have the MAC boost solenoid and will be tuning on ectune. and I was looking at this diagram here:

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager...stallation.htm

It says on there that one of the vacuum hoses will be going into the intake manifold. Well ive asked several tuners and theyve said since my turbo isnt tapped at the compressor that either tapping the charge pipe or tapping into the turbo housing will work. Well I bought an ATP Quicktap and will be running that from the silicone coupler from the turbo. Now that bottom line that says the hose will go into the manifold, will I be teeing it off of the line that I connect to the quicktap and wastegate? and also the chassis is an EG so what is a great place to mount the boost solenoid?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MAC Boost Solenoid question

also intead of three barbs my boost solenoid is missing one the barbs where can I get an extra one to fill in the missing barb?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are using the ATP Quicktap as your boost reference, you do not need to tap into your intake manifold for boost reference sir.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are this confused, you should take it to somebody that knows what they are doing. Since we are assuming you have a 3 port normally closed solenoid operated direction valve, you hook it up just like the diagram shows. What is the confusing part? You can use the same source to your wastegate for the valve. As far as mounting locations are concerned, pick a spot that isn't close to heat and mount it there...
Old 03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your quicktap is your boost reference. The 3 port is missing a barb bc its a vent. its empty.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks MuckMan I know that the quicktap is the boost reference, and I wasnt going to tap it into the intake manifold, what I was referring to was the diagram showed that it shoiuld be a vacuum line ran from the intake manifold which I was told that the line from the wastegate should be pressure instead of vacuum. And N3va3vaSatisfi3d thanks for the reply im not as confused as you are are making and I appreciate the reply but whats the fun it taking it somewhere else??? This is the forced induction tech forum right? I rather ask questions from people who have done it than pay to get it done and not know what went wrong with the part when it comes time troubleshoot
Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bonestock98GS
Thanks MuckMan I know that the quicktap is the boost reference, and I wasnt going to tap it into the intake manifold, what I was referring to was the diagram showed that it shoiuld be a vacuum line ran from the intake manifold which I was told that the line from the wastegate should be pressure instead of vacuum. And N3va3vaSatisfi3d thanks for the reply im not as confused as you are are making and I appreciate the reply but whats the fun it taking it somewhere else??? This is the forced induction tech forum right? I rather ask questions from people who have done it than pay to get it done and not know what went wrong with the part when it comes time troubleshoot
The manifold receives positive pressure under boost. I.E pressure source. If im correct.

Where did you plan to install your boost gauge? At the turbo housing/charge pipe?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The entire intake system downstream of the turbo is both positive and negative air pressire. boost/vacuum source, same thing.
The only true vac source on a turbocharged car would be the turbo inlet.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I went to install my MAP sensor today and get started on the MAC solenoid, and I noticed that on my wastegate I am missing the top port. It was a pain getting the manifold and wastegate installed, So is it causing any harm by not having the top port? I figure that I wont be able to run the solenoid seeing as the top port is missing??
Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a TiAL 40mm wastegate and Lovefab ramhorn
Attached Images