LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: (aladdin)

Car is at the muffler shop getting the downpipe extended and my exhaust system straightend out and rehung then i just need to swap out the alternator and axle seal and im finally done minus tuning this *****. Brand new axle seal is pissing and somehow my alternators got mixed up and i put the old one back in that only puts out 12.7 volts I hit 2-3psi boost today at half throttle on the way to dropping it off. car runs strong so with a little luck i should be good to go for 500whp

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aladdin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Justin, I received the kit today. Everything looks good. Thanks man </TD></TR></TABLE>

Awesome man im glad you got it ok. I was nervous about the shipping going through. Again im sorry for the delay in getting it shipped to you. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did. If you got any questions on it just hit me up ill help you out.

Hey jay rice tranny is ready to go. 3rd gear was good just slapped in a new syncro and i picked up some redline oil to be used in the tranny free of charge with the purchase of the tranny so hit me up i need that loot from the kid.

Here she is in the sun today

Modified by Turbo-LS at 5:55 PM 7/1/2008
Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Turbo-LS)

SOLD

Name:  DSC02861.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  29.7 KB
Name:  DSC02863.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  27.4 KB
Name:  DSC02865.jpg
Size:  33.2 KB
Name:  DSC02862.jpg
Size:  28.7 KB

Modified by Turbo-LS at 12:24 AM 7/2/2008
Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you have pm!

Anyone have a drag 2.5' ac compatible downpipe they wanna sell?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Setup looks good, what catch can setup are you running? Something home made, burly filter you got there Ima end up getting a block breather can as well from kms. Hopefully can fit it in by my battery without relocating it. My piping bends like yours and is close to the strut tower.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

justin next thing we gotta invest in is a wire tuck **** looks mad cluddered but **** is still beasty lol . bump for a man that does good work
Old 07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (allmotorek8)

anyone buy a jumper harness off ebay? it looks allright, can you spot any weaknesses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (evosix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Setup looks good, what catch can setup are you running? Something home made, burly filter you got there Ima end up getting a block breather can as well from kms. Hopefully can fit it in by my battery without relocating it. My piping bends like yours and is close to the strut tower.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks kyle. Yeah its three different pieces of PVC joined together. **** works mint and only cost me 8 bucks. granted the fuel in the oil eats away at the pvc over time but w/e just glue together another 8 dollar catch can

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evosix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone buy a jumper harness off ebay? it looks allright, can you spot any weaknesses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.xenocron.com for a jumper harness. dont buy stuff like that off ebay. better to get from someone reputable chris is a good man and fair priced at xenocron
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the turbo mani

You think the harness from xenocron is worth the extra 40$?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evosix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the turbo mani

You think the harness from xenocron is worth the extra 40$?</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMO you get what you pay for. I know for a fact xenocrons jumperharness works flawlessly. up to you though
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey jay rice tranny is ready to go. 3rd gear was good just slapped in a new syncro and i picked up some redline oil to be used in the tranny free of charge with the purchase of the tranny so hit me up i need that loot from the kid.

Name:  yummy.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  98.1 KB
</TD></TR></TABLE>

looking good cuzzint!!! you need to take me for a ride

it's about 12:30 a.m. so i'll let him know asap...tomorrow
Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

When it comes to electrical like your ecu harness i put more faith in reputable companies like xenocron over ebay which has some poor kid in korea workin 12 hours a days splicing and butt cconnecting wires together with parts from china by following some instructions in japanese

Justins right you get what you pay for and in cases like that splurge the extra 40$ for sure. Good luck diagnosing some fluke drivability problem with an ebay jumper harness in there shorting sensor signals together and **** lol.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

picked up my car today. exhaust is mint. car barely builds 5 psi boost with no vacuum line going to the WG and its definatly not stuck open. doesnt hit 5 psi till around 5500rpm and gets slower when its boosting. Im thinking a clogged cat. what do you guys think? before exhaust was connected the turbo was very lively. it has a .82 hotside but it should build more than 5 psi by 6k rpm the larger turbine housing should be 200-400rpm spool diffence worst case

Other than that BS the car runs excellent great throttle responce. havent done any tuning on it yet but hpoefully will soon. I need to change the axle seal and alternator and then im good to go
Old 07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Re: (jz98ctr)

jz98ctr - Nice setup and clean bay. Nice!

Craig

__________________________________________________ __________________

See our posts in the Sponsor For Sale section for deals on...
GARRETT Turbochargers!
HASPORT Motor Swap Products
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
PRECISION TURBO
Widebands / Conversion Harnesses / 3Bar Maps
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
TURBOXS
Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (TunerToys)

Thanks man. Its actually my setup jay was just reposting like the nice guy he is.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jz98ctr - Nice setup and clean bay. Nice!

Craig

GARRETT Turbochargers!
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
PRECISION TURBO
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
TURBOXS </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

today was definitly a lame day at pacific. it rains for ten minutes they get the track dry, a nova hits the wall nose first halfway down the track. gnarly **** but the guy was ok. they get that cleaned up and 20 minutes later someone throws a rod halfway down the track and spews oil everywhere. so when that is cleaned up they call it cuz of bolt lighting

me personally had a bad day my first pass i missed second so i just coasted the rest of the way. but i ran a 1.8 60'ft so i was really happy way better than my old 2.2's second pass i snapped an axle which is axle number 5 for me. could me breaking axles have soemthing to with me being super low. i dont really raise my car cuz my 24.5's fit underneath and im kinda pretty low....... could it have my axles at a crappy angle?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: (91redteg)

I had a slammed DA and it fuct axels all the time. You have to think that when you lower your car instead of the CV joints being straight with the axel you are basicly transfering power through some thing that is now Z shaped. Obviously it is going to put stress on it that it was not ment to deal with........especially when launching at a drag strip.

I would imagine raising your car up would help with 60ft times just for the fact you will have a larger contact patch. neg camber is not a ad thing......around corners
Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Scotty Dosent Know)

yeah ill rasie my **** 4x4 status next time
Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91redteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me personally had a bad day my first pass i missed second so i just coasted the rest of the way. but i ran a 1.8 60'ft so i was really happy way better than my old 2.2's second pass i snapped an axle which is axle number 5 for me. could me breaking axles have soemthing to with me being super low. i dont really raise my car cuz my 24.5's fit underneath and im kinda pretty low....... could it have my axles at a crappy angle?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you preloading ? to low will def cause axles to snap as well. if its slammed the axles are at a wicked angle
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">picked up my car today. exhaust is mint. car barely builds 5 psi boost with no vacuum line going to the WG and its definatly not stuck open. doesnt hit 5 psi till around 5500rpm and gets slower when its boosting. Im thinking a clogged cat. what do you guys think? before exhaust was connected the turbo was very lively. it has a .82 hotside but it should build more than 5 psi by 6k rpm the larger turbine housing should be 200-400rpm spool diffence worst case

Other than that BS the car runs excellent great throttle responce. havent done any tuning on it yet but hpoefully will soon. I need to change the axle seal and alternator and then im good to go </TD></TR></TABLE>

decided to get the xenocron harness

Anyone know if a drag 2.5' downpipe will work with a blox log manifold?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man. Its actually my setup jay was just reposting like the nice guy he is.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doh, I'm an idiot, Sorry!

Craig

GARRETT Turbochargers!
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
PRECISION TURBO
SEIBON Carbon Fiber
TURBOXS
Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Buddies DC does the same thing, hes getting irritated because he snaps axles so much but with as much power that he has his car is WAY to low. Id say raise it up a bit

I should be going to the track tomoro night but weather shifted here and is now raining... again. So we will see. Lenso's still havent came either
Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evosix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

decided to get the xenocron harness

Anyone know if a drag 2.5' downpipe will work with a blox log manifold? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea. Xenocron harness are nice. The drag manifold sits somewhat different than the blox manifold. it might work with a little modification though

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Doh, I'm an idiot, Sorry!

Craig </TD></TR></TABLE>

No biggie. thanks again!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buddies DC does the same thing, hes getting irritated because he snaps axles so much but with as much power that he has his car is WAY to low. Id say raise it up a bit

I should be going to the track tomoro night but weather shifted here and is now raining... again. So we will see. Lenso's still havent came either </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey kyle did u ever figure out your over heating issue because I am starting to have the same problem?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (AMLS4dr200whp)

hey guys can you tell me how you broke your motor in. i know the whole deal with starting it up and rev and change the oil. did u use stock ecu and injectors or base map and injectors.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys i just wanted to know whats the fastest time for a full ls motor with factory sleeves?

Quick Reply: LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups