Notices

LS/Vtec + Turbo Help Required Within

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/Vtec + Turbo Help Required Within

Good day guru's,

I am in need of some help for my situation. For awhile now I have been running my NA LS/Vtec engine in my '90 Acura Integra GS and been quite happy with it ( I also have nitrous but my problems with that are another story). Recently I have decided to go the route of a turbo setup. I'm looking to run only 9lbs of boost . I will, of course, be looking into a turbo capable of higher boost but just dial it back to 9lbs. My problem is going to be with my pistons. I've built the block on the inside with forged rods, and high compression pistons. I'm running 11.5:1 compression. As we all know for street setups lower compression is ideal for a turbo setup but since I invested $$ in my pistons I'd like to keep them.

Has anyone here got an LS/Vtec engine (or something similar) with higher than stock compression ratios running a turbo setup? If so, care to share in how you've done it and how reliable your setup is. Have you checked your knock count as well?

I will be looking into purchasing the hondata s200 setup as well as 440 injectors to go along with the turbo kit.

My end goal is to bolt up the kit and be able to drive daily without worries that at some point soon I'll blow a rod or detonate my engine. Please keep in mind when you help with advice that I'll switch to a wet nitrous system OR just ditch nitrous all together.

Any help on this matter will be well appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Rik
Old 01-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS/Vtec + Turbo Help Required Within (Rikter)

with that compression level and pump gas it going to be a deadly setup. One way to go about it is to use a thicker head gasket to drop the compression a little 10..5: 10:1 will be alot better for low boost setup 5-7psi it will be very quick response and get you a decent setup on pump gast the 11.5 you ahve now is definitely not ideal
Old 01-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can use those pistons do a search one setup with 11.5:1 compression. Search for Tony the tiger that is the HT name .
Old 01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info. Doing a search right now.

-Rik
Old 01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just have a really really really good tune done, and then maybe? haha