Notices

low comp. piston nitrous

Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low comp. piston nitrous

have a sleeve ls block 84mm with cp 9:5 pistons and rods...wondering how much nitous boost it can take direct port going with zex but if i need to go with nx heard that it was better i will buy it...port intake side on the head and blox compitition type c (HSL) flat vavles, ti retainers, dual vavles springs bottom end is fully built dont know wat type of fuel and injectors needed...need help on that trying to shoot for low 11s any info will help and not be hated...thank u
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: low comp. piston nitrous

Originally Posted by LSVTECEF91
have a sleeve ls block 84mm with cp 9:5 pistons and rods...wondering how much nitous boost it can take direct port going with zex but if i need to go with nx heard that it was better i will buy it...port intake side on the head and blox compitition type c (HSL) flat vavles, ti retainers, dual vavles springs bottom end is fully built dont know wat type of fuel and injectors needed...need help on that trying to shoot for low 11s any info will help and not be hated...thank u
It really depends on your nitrous experience. That setup could take a lot of nitrous with the right person tuning. I don't want to say how much it will handle, because you will always get bitches saying, "No it can't!"

Nitrous also likes higher compression, as long as you have the octane to support it.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a 300+ shot st up...if you tune it right...
Old 10-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 and you don't have to use low compression either. There are many setups where people have high compression pistons and run big shots of nitrous. so 9.5:1 comp is very safe for a big shot and for one nitrous doesn't pressurize the cylinders like a turbocharger. I'd get an nx dual stage progressive kit. run a 125shot on the first stage and a 250 shot on the second stage and you have room to grow from there. as for s fuel system i'd get some ID1000cc injectors and run 2 fuel pumps. I'm pretty sure with that setup your would reach your goal pretty easy. the most important thing will be your tuning and ems your using. Take the car to someone who has alot of experience with big shot nitrous cars. hope this helps
Old 10-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tagperformance
+1 and you don't have to use low compression either. There are many setups where people have high compression pistons and run big shots of nitrous. so 9.5:1 comp is very safe for a big shot and for one nitrous doesn't pressurize the cylinders like a turbocharger. I'd get an nx dual stage progressive kit. run a 125shot on the first stage and a 250 shot on the second stage and you have room to grow from there. as for s fuel system i'd get some ID1000cc injectors and run 2 fuel pumps. I'm pretty sure with that setup your would reach your goal pretty easy. the most important thing will be your tuning and ems your using. Take the car to someone who has alot of experience with big shot nitrous cars. hope this helps
ID1000$$$$ wow...but i will buy it but do you think i need the bosch pump too if i have that do i still need another fuel pump?...650$ for the set

Last edited by LSVTECEF91; 10-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bauergold
It really depends on your nitrous experience. That setup could take a lot of nitrous with the right person tuning. I don't want to say how much it will handle, because you will always get bitches saying, "No it can't!"

Nitrous also likes higher compression, as long as you have the octane to support it.
LMAOL TRUE ON THAT
Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LSVTECEF91
ID1000$$$$ wow...but i will buy it but do you think i need the bosch pump too if i have that do i still need another fuel pump?...650$ for the set
the fuel system is the most important thing on any setup. Just think your goals will be dictated by how much fuel your car can support for any given platform. If it's really a strain on your wallet then you can just run a walbro hp255 high pressure pump and add a kenne bell boost a pump voltage stabilizer box for your fuel pump. this way when the car is seeing high loads at high rpms the voltage doesn't drop at the fuel pump.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tagperformance
the fuel system is the most important thing on any setup. Just think your goals will be dictated by how much fuel your car can support for any given platform. If it's really a strain on your wallet then you can just run a walbro hp255 high pressure pump and add a kenne bell boost a pump voltage stabilizer box for your fuel pump. this way when the car is seeing high loads at high rpms the voltage doesn't drop at the fuel pump.
i will sure contact you when i have everything ready to go..remeber this post....oh n i think i'll just stick with the bosch 300...pump and injector combo...cause if i buy the injectors and pump's (walbro) kennel box it'll be a lil more...