Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (aka: what not to do if you like your D-Series civic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Full-Race Geoff)

Originally Posted by boosted hybrid
You left out one very important piece of information about the engine. It took 30lbs of boost to make 460whp on a stock sleeved d-series. I guess the rumor that stock sleeved d-series blocks not being able to take high horsepower is false.
its there now!

Originally Posted by jerseykid609
sorry you lost the pink car seems like after all the work is over you have nothign to show for it. But im sure running your car on the dyno and making that kinda power was uplifting.
it was definately uplifting to my cyl head

Its actually kind of nice to not have that car around here anymore. Only two more POS projects to get out of here. Anyone want a 98EX with '00 tails, it needs the front right frame rail straightened out and a new front end?

Originally Posted by fastforwardracer
lets get the HT community to pitch in NEW parts to build a new hooptie and get the pink hatch back and then lets get us one of those V8 cars. NNIICCEE ###'s on motor.
If you guys want to throw some parts down, we are thinking about doing a high power B series CRX very shortly?

we are just looking for random parts, LS crank, stock sleeve block (unmatching main caps are OK), GSR or ITR cams, valve cover, any gsr or b16 1-4 gears, anything!!!

Originally Posted by mrbsponge
SOOOOO The FAKE nitrous kit idea worked, man im glad you guys did that, i was praying you used that idea to psyche out the comp a little.
i appreciate the idea, but we had the idea as soon as the PINKS plan came up we have a few more good ones now too!
Originally Posted by locash
Oh, you forgot to thank JR for the Neptune EMS that controls both of those fine cars!

Also, keep trying to max out my dyno, it probably will never happen again, muhahaha!

I'll let Jeff Evans post the dyno graphs, but if he doesnt do it in the next 24 hours, I'll have to break down and beat him to it..
Thanks for the JR headsup i didnt realize i left him out. I think we will max out your dyno sooner than you think, it just might not be with my civic

can you post the SOHC graph? we dont have it here

Originally Posted by Boostfed.com
BTW 790whp and 610 ft-lb torque for Geoff's car is !!!!! Gives me A LOT OF HOPE knowing what I got coming from Full Race Edit:Geoff how much boost was that on for yoru car???
thanks terry. The new setup WORKS. we have all the little things figured out on the turbo kit end. We have pressure logs in each cylinder, monitoring 3 pressure points per exhaust stroke at 8000rpm.

This power was made at 44 psi

Originally Posted by Arturbo
haha good story!!! Hey i am down for moving to AZ!!
then do it already!!!

Originally Posted by c jackson
the video will be sick for sure...im anticipating a best actor award. and cj for best male vocalist. i got some pictures of the 11.2 night ill put up also.
andrea gets best actress, tony1 gets action scene of the year and jonsel can be male model of the year. Can i get the slashie award?

Originally Posted by turbotommy
what i learned from this experience
dont front mario, we all know you are incapable of learning things.

Originally Posted by D@nnY
headgaskets will be on back order for like 5 years if more people turbo single cams. They are headgasket ******
we didnt have a single head gasket failure...

Modified by Full-Race Geoff at 3:53 PM 1/18/2006
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next car should roll on these.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (diet rite)

great write up...
Old 01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Using the right parts gets you results like pinky up there... btw - I'm suprised you guys didn't know about the ZC diff/axles/intermidiate shaft </TD></TR></TABLE>

that was the point of this car, to show what properly designed parts and great tuning can do. Unfortunately we had one poorly designed part and the whole system fell apart!

i searched and searched all over and couldnt find much info n the D series axles. have you found any posts on this topic? i would like to add to them so anyone else doing this knows how
Old 01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (TurboChrgd_Civic)

Curious what cam you guys used on the D-series and what RPM you saw peak WHP......appreciate the info
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, because he says it was time to Oring and step up to 1/2" studs now , READING "A Mind is a terrible thing to waste" J/K </TD></TR></TABLE>

If I could read, I wouldnt be asking the question
Old 01-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">andrea gets best actress</TD></TR></TABLE>

What's that supposed to mean?
Old 01-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Andrea)

my GOD!!! what a great story... too bad i dont have cable to watch it when it airs ill have a friend record it lol.

this gives me SOOooOOoOo much inspiration to continue my D16 project... i just wish i could find cheap .20 over pistons to use instead of these POS vitaras im about to waste money putting in

300whp... here i come.. ::crosses fingers::
Old 01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HatchEh2)

sick ****
Old 01-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Per the Geoffrey the Giraffe request..

Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: (locash)

i have a b-series valve cover if you want it geoff, the paint/coating on it is pealing though
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you guys want to throw some parts down, we are thinking about doing a high power B series CRX very shortly?

we are just looking for random parts, LS crank, stock sleeve block (unmatching main caps are OK), GSR or ITR cams, valve cover, any gsr or b16 1-4 gears, anything!!

thanks terry. The new setup WORKS. we have all the little things figured out on the turbo kit end. We have pressure logs in each cylinder, monitoring 3 pressure points per exhaust stroke at 8000rpm.

This power was made at 44 psi
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I may have an LS crank I told you before you could have man, also Valve cover, I got an LS block and B16A block in the garage too.

44psi here I COME!!!! I can't wait to get my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

send it out!!

btw 44 psi is gonna need some 1/2" head studs man, hope you got them too!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:30 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">send it out!!

btw 44 psi is gonna need some 1/2" head studs man, hope you got them too!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The block is about to be prepped SOOOO we shall look into that as well man!

Lemme look at my pile of junk in the garage make sure I aint lying to you man!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've gotten word from the Panek Mechanik and he says we'll have a teaser tonight. The final video will be hosted and posted in a day or two, although he's aiming for a day.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrea &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've gotten word from the Panek Mechanik and he says we'll have a teaser tonight. The final video will be hosted and posted in a day or two, although he's aiming for a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can't wait
Old 01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaguyef)

No pressure, no pressure...
Old 01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">send it out!!

btw 44 psi is gonna need some 1/2" head studs man, hope you got them too!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Geoff, It cant be done without 1/2" head studs, by just O-Ringing the block?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrea &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've gotten word from the Panek Mechanik and he says we'll have a teaser tonight. The final video will be hosted and posted in a day or two, although he's aiming for a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>
don't tease me like this
Old 01-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LostSolVTEC)

Can't wait to see the vid, good numbers out of the car
Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cprace1)

Nice work guys!

Sucks you didn't win, but i'm sure it was a lot of ****** fun and the video will prove it

Old 01-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Very Emergency!!

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (Full-Race Geoff)

best write up i've seen in a while. sucks about losing the car, but at least it wasn't something worth a **** load.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (emotionisdead)

Great write-up for sure, I def think it was very cool of you to make this project about everyone in your shop learning something. I'm sure that brought a lot of comraderie to the table and helps with employee morale...good stuff.

Sucks that it came down to something so simple and trivial...but in the heat of battle, lack of sleep and a fried brain will do that kinda stuff to you. Next time I am sure you will make it a point to get a good nights sleep before race like that
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that is awsome
Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

geoff, i think you can do that power with properly torqued stock size studs and an oringed block. what did you torque your studs to?

Quick Reply: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (aka: what not to do if you like your D-Series civic)