Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (aka: what not to do if you like your D-Series civic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (bluemax189)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can see it now....at least 10 people by the end of the month are going to post up their big stock d series numbers, then a week later, post up the damage results. mad props to you guys. i dont think the rx7 guy would really expect that out of a SOHC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

headgaskets will be on back order for like 5 years if more people turbo single cams. They are headgasket ****** im fortunate enough to never own one
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (Full-Race Geoff)

a new prototype manifold?

might we see pics ?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We stay up all night, put a fake nitrous system in the car....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I LOVE IT!!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (FUCATYPR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FUCATYPR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I LOVE IT!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol me 2, bummer on the loss of a sick pinky, but congrats on having fun and learning something about your product, nothing like in field testing
Old 01-18-2006, 06:13 AM

good job guys ! I cant imagine how this week must have been for you... Nothing like a project like that to make a solid team !

Keep up the good work !

Its just too bad that this little problem happened.... and I really liked the ''fake'' nitrous trick lol
Old 01-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (yellowturbo)

i can only imagine how much fun all of this must have been. everything on my car has always been last min. and even though it sucks not sleeping for 2-3 days straight it is always good for awesome stories and good memories with freinds. and you also figure out who is a true freind and willing to help and who is a sissy

i do have to say......having Geoff and full race, Jeff, Tony, and everybody else there......it makes me not feel so bad having such a little problem come to bite you in the *** at the track absolutely proves that when something can go wrong it does. seems to be the story of my life! haha

im sure the memories and stories from all of this are worth way more than a pink single cam civic will ever be!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

)
Old 01-18-2006, 07:07 AM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (wade)

REALLY glad i got to see the pink civic before they loaded it on their trailer. that thing actually looked pretty good...

i couldnt believe what i heard when i talked to jeff evans at the track. 460 hp on stock sleeves. it blew my mind, and gave me a lot of encouragement about my setup (same basic setup block-wise). i had been greatly discouraged by several people tell me d-sleeves couldnt hold over 20 psi (not that i believed them, but its still disheartening)

amazing job this weekend guys, glad i was there. (on business from chicago in phoenix, luckily)
Old 01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (redzcstandardhatch)

Bittersweet seems to the the proper word. From dust to dust... It seems like valiant effort, so at the cost of sounding like some 80's sitcom dad, you all won at heart.

I just can't believe the stigma people have about d16's. It's like a v8 guy saying a honda will always be slow becuase it's just a 4-banger. I'll admit I was a sohc-hater once, but [a college budget demanded] I saw the light. The problem is that most people don't compare apples to apples. Using the right parts gets you results like pinky up there. I don't know if I missed it, but I'm going to assume it was a stock cam, and at the very most - a typical zex cam. And with that using stock sleeves, it really gives me hope about an eventual 400whp possibility with just posting my block.

As for sohc's not holding boost, blowing gaskets, etc. It's virually the same gasket design as a b-series, it just that few people take the time to mill the surfaces or use headstuds. It's also a longer stroke/smaller bore, creating higher cyl pressures and requiring less timing advance than a b-series.

btw - I'm suprised you guys didn't know about the ZC diff/axles/intermidiate shaft
Old 01-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Full-Race Geoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I lifted the head off of my motor on the 790whp run and toasted the head gasket. time for 1/2" head studs and orings.

Hopefully ERL can figure something out!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Geoff, is your block O Ringed?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:31 AM
New User

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Geoff, is your block O Ringed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, because he says it was time to Oring and step up to 1/2" studs now , READING "A Mind is a terrible thing to waste" J/K
Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

Nice write up! Thanks for reping the Honda boys.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (platinum00)

Mad props to you guys .
Old 01-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (Turbo9Nut)

thats it i cant take it....................im painting my car pink in memory of the sweetest d-series EVA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (fknfast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fknfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats it i cant take it....................im painting my car pink in memory of the sweetest d-series EVA!!!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i would consider painting my car but driving a pink del sol would just make my ***** shrink
Old 01-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (M.A.R.C.)

might as well just buy a miata and call it a day
Old 01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">might as well just buy a miata and call it a day </TD></TR></TABLE>

low blow lol.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 AM

amazing work
still waiting for videos
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
New User

Default Re: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">might as well just buy a miata and call it a day </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or a VW NEW Beetle!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (D@nnY)

Great story

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">headgaskets will be on back order for like 5 years if more people turbo single cams. They are headgasket ****** </TD></TR></TABLE>
Maybe they don't like alot of timing
Old 01-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GITWIDIT)

Long live the d-series!

Can't wait to see the videos!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, because he says it was time to Oring and step up to 1/2" studs now , READING "A Mind is a terrible thing to waste" J/K </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont be a dick
Old 01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any specs on the Rx7?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: (chitownrida)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chitownrida &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any specs on the Rx7?</TD></TR></TABLE>reading owns you.. lololerskates~!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Re: (chitownrida)

in for video...

any guess as to when it will air???

Making your retail product stronger from what you learn on the track is exactly what Soichiro did and is/used to be the Honda philosophy.

good job fellas

Quick Reply: Lost a pink car, and blew up a black one (aka: what not to do if you like your D-Series civic)