Notices

looking for a turbo kit...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a turbo kit...

i have a b-16 and i want to turbo it... i wasnt much into turbo's but they say change is good! swtf... im going to need alittle help.. what should i look for. i really havent been looking around much. im sure Apexi makes a great turbo, but which one? ( )
Old 07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (APEXcoupe)

well it depends what power and budget you have available. or you could always put a kit together. turboing your car isnt just a decision that you make at the snap of a finger. turbo cars need good fuel management and time and money if you want it reliable and to be fast.

goals???
budget???
Old 07-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (urbansi)

as far as goals go, i want my b-16 turbo to be like no other... budget? im willing to spend money on my car so...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well as far is big turbos/high hp i think you should look into full race turbo kits as far as peakboost kits. do some searches and find out what fits your goals.

look into getting your block sleved if you plan on boosting past 400hp.
find the right compression for your car.
find the right turbo
rods,pistons,cams/head.
and most important find the right fuel management. most guys with high hp use Hondata or AEM EMS. but that doesnt mean that you cant use something else like Neptune or Uberdata.
the list of options that goes with making your car turbo'ed goes on and on. So do a lot of reasearch and see what fits your goals then proceed
if you give me a dollar figure $$$ i can give you a simple list of parts and what you can get hp wise out of the set-up and possibly then you could have a better idea of what you are going to build.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by APEXcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as goals go, i want my b-16 turbo to be like no other... budget? im willing to spend money on my car so...</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about a real goal instead of wanting your car to "be like no other"

Throw a GT47-88 on it and it will be "like no other", doesn't mean it'll run worth dick though.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (b16sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by APEXcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as goals go, i want my b-16 turbo to be like no other... budget? im willing to spend money on my car so...</TD></TR></TABLE>

respect

me laughing

two weeks later when you post a thread about you blowing your motor

me laughing again
Old 07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (b16sedan)

i think every person has a car that is like no other so let him have goals for what he wants. as far as the goals being acheived thats another issue.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:11 PM

plz read up!! from the sounds of it u dont know ****..! thats what were here for but read up get on homemadeturbo.com check out the tech projects and just read up its the best thing u could do u could but a kit for 1000 complete on there or know what your doing and build one for less than 700(front mount intercooler,chipped ecu, dyno ext..) you get what u pay for sometimes just read up its the best thing u could do at this point.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (lshatch1.8)

me and him pm'ed eachother and got some things straight. i thought these forms were to help eachother out, instead people just like to talk **** and make it seem like they know everything and just say "search". sometimes its easier to give someone 2 minutes of your time than spend the 30 seconds that it takes to flame them. just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Im looking for a turbo kit in the near future, 3 months. I have a 95 integra LS, sedan. and Im aiming for 250-350 whp. I want to build the bottom end and boost more. Can you give me some ideas on where to start? Im from san diego by the way
Old 07-20-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (DeeBee8)

i didnt do it to talk **** to him i know we all started somewere i just said read up its the best thing he could do just incase something goes wrong. Like my old turbo civic i saved all my money turboed it had a guy do it i didnt know crap about turbos and my wasgate broke he put a spring to hold it with no boost gauge i didnt know. So i end up loosing the spring no boost and just gave up and took it off just read around you will learn alot and it will be worth it good luck with the kit man

ps with a turbo kit its always best to do it right the first time
Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a turbo kit... (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ps with a turbo kit its always best to do it right the first time </TD></TR></TABLE>

theres my goal... ( )