Notices

Looking for Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Guidance

not really a detailed rich post or anything...i just have several questions that may branch off into sub enlightenment driven concerns as well..the thing is im relatively new to the tuning scene..i know basic anatomy of a car and how tuning works..but as fara s product knowledge and in depth analysis is concerned, im lacking severely..

im eager to learn and pretty much just wanted to perhaps ask if there were any individuals who could perhaps take a few minutes from their day to get a chat (AIM.AOL/MSN/YAHOO/etc) going, so i can solidify some concerns im having..if theres anyone pretty savvy on supercharger/turbocharger (but primarlity superchargers) knowledge and experience as well as humble, i'd greatly appreciate the gesture...

sorry if this post seems odd, i dont have mechanic or tuning friends i can go ask questions to at the moment, again i am very new, and just in search of some guidance

Car:
2000 Civic Si
JDM b16a
integ gsr cams
ITR pistons
aem intake
new tranny
stage 2 clutch

those are the only performance mods under the hood

sorry if my car description doesnt quite cut the mustard haha, my lingo parallels my experience and also isnt too good

very well then

thanks in advance i appreciate anyones efforts
Old 09-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Guidance (Siberian Husky)

Or to make it somewhat easier

basic questions of mine i cant really find online

1.) which is easier on the engine, relatively speaking? (i know that S/C and T/C can vary by sizes on the TC and types on the SC)

But for a daily driver like myself whom only moderately punches it on occassion, i dont drive my car to the floor, but like to have that potential power to get kicks out of..you know...

2.)I will be commuting for 8 more months, (my school is 30 miles away, but after my transfer this wont be a problem)...i know the SC's drain power from the engine...but also..will the long drives be harder on the engine from so excessive surges of induction from a turbo...or should i wait all together when i dont commute to introduce a TC or a SC to my car?

3.) does Turboing or Suering your car significantly reduce the life of the engine?..if so..how much?..kind of an absurd question as many attributes play roles in the outcomes...a vague answer would be more than enough to give me a rough idea of what im lookin at..

As you can tell, my main concern is reliability, and the condition of my car, Superchargers are more stressful on the engine overall...but turbos can be damaging at certain levels....what direction would be my best route?,.

thank you

*bump*