Notices

In-line or In tank fuel pump??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-line or In tank fuel pump??????

I have a drag 3 turbo that I just bought and it comes with an in-line fuel

pump. I have people telling that I should get the walbro 255 but the then

the installation guide doesn't say anything about adding a in-tank pump.

Basically my question is, do I really need the walbro with if I have an in-l

ine. People please help, i'm dying to join the boost club
Old 05-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (lexvdub1)

I had an inline on my car and I switched to the walbro. Im glad I did. The Walbro is cheap and will suppprt alot of hp. An inline pump that supports the same hp runs about twice as much and more.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:04 AM

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (lexvdub1)

If you are running the Vortec 12:1 FPR you need to keep the inline. An intank won't support enough fuel volume to keep up with the boost dependent FPR. Do a search as this has been covered a million times.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are running the Vortec 12:1 FPR you need to keep the inline. An intank won't support enough fuel volume to keep up with the boost dependent FPR. Do a search as this has been covered a million times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (notoriousB)

in tank for sure fuel pumps work better push then pulling
Old 05-17-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (saleensolution)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saleensolution &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in tank for sure fuel pumps work better push then pulling</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a walbro 255lpr hp, its very good, maybe twice as loud as stock, so its a noticible purr. Its especially loud when you turn on the ignition and the pump build up initial pressure.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (integra-modder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra-modder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have a walbro 255lpr hp, its very good, maybe twice as loud as stock, so its a noticible purr. Its especially loud when you turn on the ignition and the pump build up initial pressure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If he has a 12:1 FPR it doesn't matter whether intank is better than inline. (He needs to answer this questions first) He will NEED the inline regardless. Don't run both at the same time either because you'll end up back on here asking why your car is bogging up top due to running too rich.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If he has a 12:1 FPR it doesn't matter whether intank is better than inline. (He needs to answer this questions first) He will NEED the inline regardless. Don't run both at the same time either because you'll end up back on here asking why your car is bogging up top due to running too rich.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Read my post again, no where does it say that the intank is better than the inline. All I did was state my opinion about my fuel pump quoting the person before me.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:35 PM

Default Re: In-line or In tank fuel pump?????? (integra-modder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra-modder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Read my post again, no where does it say that the intank is better than the inline. All I did was state my opinion about my fuel pump quoting the person before me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see that you didn't say that but the person before you did. I don't always push the reply button on the correct post but the response wasn't intended for you. Thanks for catchin that though.