Notices

LF tuner in alaska!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LF tuner in alaska!

lol..fat chance i know. but i need some help with tuning.

b16 in EK running 10 psi obd1 ecu and have a moates ostrich emulater. my a/f is 10 while boosting.

i just bought the car so im really unsure of alot of things. im still learning this guys setup that i got it from.

pm me with any ideas of where a good tuner might live in alaska.. i also just moved to alaska so im double lost. lol

i will post pics.. it will be awhile sine the plugs are at work at my camera is at home..and then i have to use my home computer to dl pictures to here. but i will get those to this post sometime soon.

also posted on bottom post

UPDATE: so..im heading in the right direction. its always that first part to learning that takes so much time.

my ecu had a hondata sticker. and obvisoully you can see the ostrich emulater. i did notice a s100 chip in my coin return and didnt think much of it. i thought the previous owner might have two chips or possibly upgraded to a s200.

after doing some research i found out that there is no hondata chip installed in the 4 pin slot of my p28 ecu. the four prong slot is there.. (hurray!) just no chip. i installed the chip right now and will be trying to download whatever software i need to communicate through that emulator.

maybe one of you guys can speed me through which application to DL, or possibly the next step. i will be monitoring all my readings when i drive to work tomorrow cause i have no idea what settings the s100 chip has and even why it was removed in the first place.

the chip is blinking red..while idling.. i will look around to why it is doing that as well. slow blinks.

Last edited by waaBAAH; 07-08-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LF tuner in alaska!

oh ****. lol
Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you give us more info? do you have a base map at least? if your at 10psi a stock fuel pump won't keep up
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i can do that.. i will tell you everything i know about the car. the seller didnt know anythign about her car. her boyfriend went nuts on her car and then they split up.

im so going to get flamed!! lol but here we go!

so far...

*drag log manifold,

*hks BOV,

*tial 38 mm wastegate,

*some huge intercooler (lol)

*garrett t3/t4 turbo (rebuilding soon it smokes at idle), .60/.48 trim if i recall correctly,

*a loud fuel pump with key on... im guessing warlboro but unsure. defenitly louder then stock!

*black injectors unknown of the size. they look newer. silver stock ones are inside door.
is running a obd1 ecu. obd 2-obd1 jumper is installed. hondata (i beleive s100 since there was a s100 chip inside the coin slot)sticker on the side of the ecu with

*ostrich emulater (the sticker looks like the screaming ostrich one.)

*upgraded fuel rail.. no name but is not stock, no upgraded FPR

*no pcv catchcan (will get soon)

*unsure of the boost setting..greddy prospec b shorted out since seller wired to radio which was removed before i purchased. have new coming in mail. i would guess 7-10psi. i had a b16 turbo before at 8 psi and this feels comparaible. also feels close to my vw vr-6 turbo at 10 psi

*apexi turbo timer

please be gentle..this isnt my fault that the seller had no idea what she had. to good of a price to pass up and i had to jump on it. lol

it had ngk r irudium plugs forget the part # offhand but they were gapped .30 and a little black in color. these were the 11 pre plug ones. 6 for coldness. i swapped them out for ngk bkr7e.

havent checked fuel psi yet.. havent checked timing yet, havent even checked compression yet neither. been working on all the ghetto wiring and removal of ricey stuff for the time being.

the running issues i have right now is on start-up the motor gets flooded. i have to floor the gas while cranking to get it to fire up.

and full throttle boosting my A/f reading on apexi goes down to 10 even. im guessing that is the lowest reading availiable. it stays 10.0 the whole WOT band while boosting.

at idle or cruise it is at 14.7 +-1

no hesitations, no bucking, drives smooth, minor dip in idle when you first come to a stop but soon idles smoothly.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump..
Old 07-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your in boost and your wideband reads 10, yeah you probably have a bigger pump in there. but 10 is too rich, people prefer high or mid 11 to 12 in boost (mine stays about 11.6-11.8). whats the base of your plugs look like and were is the color change on your ground strap?

also where is the color change on the the threads of the plug?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alaska tuning damn. Good job swapping plugs. What engine management is on the car? Want me to fly out there...lol
Old 07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a another thread going so i hope i dont get yelled at but they are diffrent questions. /shrug

11.6-12 in boost is some new info i didint know. i will try to achieve that. thanks. i thought around 13.5 ish is where i would want to be.

color change on thread of plugs is more at the base (bottom) of the plugs. it is directly across to the porcilian part below the actual electrodye. (sp?)

then the color change is not below the "first" actual thread.

the color change is dark black, almost sooty. but not wet.

the electrode is black but the tip is shiny. ever so "minor" frost white around the collar of the electrode. half moon in size.

surprisingly the porclian portion is creamy white with some light dark soot.

engine mangement is converted to ob1 -p28 ecu.

Originally Posted by Blown90hatcH
Want me to fly out there...lol
you would love it here.. no cops.. rednecks in trucks, bumpy roads, no salt on roads ever!! clean cars left and right (ever seen a mint 80 celica? mint vw buses, mint 80 subaru's lol), and i might have a spot for you to stay in my cabin. the moose that lives in my backyard hopefully wont scare you!! lol plus right now 24 hours of sunlight

Last edited by waaBAAH; 07-07-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the black sounds ok and your heat sounds ok , lil rich is ok , brownish would be great. sounds like an ok burn. what about deposits? can you post some pic's ?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i will post pics.. it will be awhile sine the plugs are at work at my camera is at home..and then i have to use my home computer to dl pictures to here. but i will get those to this post sometime soon.

UPDATE: so..im heading in the right direction. its always that first part to learning that takes so much time.

my ecu had a hondata sticker. and obvisoully you can see the ostrich emulater. i did notice a s100 chip in my coin return and didnt think much of it. i thought the previous owner might have two chips or possibly upgraded to a s200.

after doing some research i found out that there is no hondata chip installed in the 4 pin slot of my p28 ecu. the four prong slot is there.. (hurray!) just no chip. i installed the chip right now and will be trying to download whatever software i need to communicate through that emulator.

maybe one of you guys can speed me through which application to DL, or possibly the next step. i will be monitoring all my readings when i drive to work tomorrow cause i have no idea what settings the s100 chip has and even why it was removed in the first place.

the chip is blinking red..while idling.. i will look around to why it is doing that as well. slow blinks.

and of course i cant open the manual to s100 yet.. i deleted microsoft word to make room for world of warcraft.. lmao

(im really excited now...im finally figuring out the starting stage of someone elses project... i find that hard to do with no info from the seller.... she literally told me " i have no idea what is done to the car except b16 turbo"...lmao)

Last edited by waaBAAH; 07-08-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you stationed at Eilson AFB? We have family out that way.

You can get the S100 manual from here:

http://www.hondata.com/downloads.html
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i am very close to eilson. 30 min or so. you really thinking of coming up?

test drove the car to work with the slow flashing s100 chip installed. cold start-up rpms were unstable and car wnated to die. 30 seconds after cold start-up the idle was normal... never went to fast idle.

cruising the car was hesitating ever so slightly. readings for a/f were exactly the same... 10 while boositng and 14.7 while cruising.

s100 flashing appears to be either .. chip installed wrong or bad chip. i guess s100/200 is discontinued from what im reading so it appears i will need to get s300 soon.

now just trying to figure out if i should get another ecu to send out for s300 or send out the ecu with ostrich emulater.