Notices

KTeller 15g downpipe!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KTeller 15g downpipe!

Here are some pix of how the downpipe doesn't line up to my exhaust.....

Why isn't this bolting up!?!?!?!!?
Old 05-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (EX-T)

as with near all turbo downpipes. It is impossible to factor in the size of every turbo and make the pipe fit.

You need to have your exhaust pipe cut and extended to fill the gap.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (Vero)

It's not that it's too short, it to the side too far and touching my oil pan!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call them up and I'm sure they will send a replacement.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (EK k kay)

if theyre close(little room between them) put a gasket in there, push the DP over(its got a flex man, use it) and make it work
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not that it's too short, it to the side too far and touching my oil pan!</TD></TR></TABLE>

again, this has a lot to do with the manifold and turbo. I would try loosening the bolts at the begining of the downpipe. Then see if you can adjust it accorindly before bolting it back up. It may be necessary to enlarge a hole or two slightly.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 PM

"Downpipe fitment may vary based on make, model of car used, please order based on your own discreation. Was Orginally Tested and Fited for SOHC D Series 15G Kits, and if you have any questions, email us"

Pulled that off the Kteller website. Now you're running a 15G turbo on a 99 Civic?? Because I just checked Greddy's website and for the 96-00 SOHC Civic turbo kits they use a 19T turbo, thus slightly different mounting flang position?? don't know if that will make any difference in fitment but it could be a reason?? Sorry for the problems thou
Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (eXcelonTypeR)

the 15g kit (manifold, 15g turbo, turbo elbow, downpipe) will fit 92-00 coupes and bolts right up the stock cat. on my ek, i ran a 92-95 15g kit to my stock exhaust, it fit perfectly. it's not a matter of 96-00 vs. 92-95 civic. the downpipe should be a direct bolt-on. go back to kteller and see what they can do for you. then let me know! i was considering this dp, or replacing the elbow and dp with a full 3"
Old 05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (Jonas99)

Jonas, I dont think he is using a 15g turbo, which is most likely mis-aligning the manifold.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jonas, I dont think he is using a 15g turbo, which is most likely mis-aligning the manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eXcelonTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"Downpipe fitment may vary based on make, model of car used, please order based on your own discreation. Was Orginally Tested and Fited for SOHC D Series 15G Kits, and if you have any questions, email us"

Pulled that off the Kteller website. Now you're running a 15G turbo on a 99 Civic?? Because I just checked Greddy's website and for the 96-00 SOHC Civic turbo kits they use a 19T turbo, thus slightly different mounting flang position?? don't know if that will make any difference in fitment but it could be a reason?? Sorry for the problems thou</TD></TR></TABLE>

The turbo I am using is a TD04H 15g from the '92-'95 SOHC GReddy kit. The downpipe I bought from KTeller is also for a 15g. I think the reason it's not fitting is because the 3 bolt flange turned a little while the person was welding it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if theyre close(little room between them) put a gasket in there, push the DP over(its got a flex man, use it) and make it work </TD></TR></TABLE>

The DP is touching my oil pan! The flex pipe isn't that flexible either. I don't want to tighten the DP any tighter to the GReddy adapter block b/c I don't wanna strip out the studs.

There isn't a gap between them, it's just that the DP is exiting towards the driver's side of my car and not the center.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK k kay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call them up and I'm sure they will send a replacement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They told me I could send it back and if it is the wrong one then they'll send me another one and if it's not the wrong one, I'll have to paying shipping for it to come back. It'll just be cheaper for me to either cut the DP at the bend next to the oil pan and re weld it or take it to an exhaust shop and have them bend it over for me so it'll line up.

Although I did get a good deal on this downpipe through H-t.com, I'll never buy another thing from KTeller!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:10 PM

Cut it at the motuning flange and have it turned till it fits then weld it there. It will look cleaner i think, than cutting it in the middle of the pipe and welding it, but its your car goodluck thou
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM

This isn't the first time I've seen/heard of a KTeller exhaust part not fitting. I'm not surprised. Just ship it back, and get a replacement. Spoolin Performance downpipes generally fit for crap as well, you can't even get the lower bolt in for where it meets the turbo. Need to bash it in.

Don't put up with it, get your part replaced.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This isn't the first time I've seen/heard of a KTeller exhaust part not fitting. I'm not surprised. Just ship it back, and get a replacement. Spoolin Performance downpipes generally fit for crap as well, you can't even get the lower bolt in for where it meets the turbo. Need to bash it in.

Don't put up with it, get your part replaced.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can have it fixed for less than it would cost me to ship it back. KTeller lost a customer! They'll never get anymore of my money...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (eXcelonTypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eXcelonTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cut it at the motuning flange and have it turned till it fits then weld it there. It will look cleaner i think, than cutting it in the middle of the pipe and welding it, but its your car goodluck thou</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a good idea, and I think it'll be a little easier.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant see how a donut gasket is going to fit on there either... how do u gear that up?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:52 PM

Yeah that does suck! I had that same downpipe on my old setup and everything actually lined up perfectly.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beak)

lol no kidding about spooln, their downpipes fit like *** and their service is trash. sorry to hear about your kteller experience man, id just tell them to replace it on their dime. The you paying for shipping thing is garbage, but at least they offer to swap it for you. Spooln told me just to deal with it.. lol. Its Ktellers product and they shouldnt have a problem standing behind it. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RonMexic07)

I fixed it today. I cut it right under the o2 bung, lined everything up, marked it, and re welded it. It was pretty easy and you can't even tell I did it and I was bored and had a can of high temp blue paint and i painted it blue. I'll take some pix of it tomorrow and post 'em up.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: (EX-T)

good to hear you got it fixed up... i'm hella worried now about mine. It is supposed to be here this coming monday... hopefully it will be alright..
Old 05-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as with near all turbo downpipes. It is impossible to factor in the size of every turbo and make the pipe fit.

You need to have your exhaust pipe cut and extended to fill the gap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct
Old 05-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how did u get the donut gasket to fit in there?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXified)

sorry to hear that, but your right. seems like someone didn't fab it up correctly. I have a spoolin performance DP, and I have no problems with mine.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VspecSiR)

i just put this downpipe on too and it didnt fit perfect, but with some patients,i got it bolted up nice....btw, you dont use the donut gasket with this downpipe,so i switched out the bolts for the cat too.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (VspecSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VspecSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear that, but your right. seems like someone didn't fab it up correctly. I have a spoolin performance DP, and I have no problems with mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When someone customizes and exhaust system, the location is never going to be the same.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KTeller 15g downpipe! (90blackcrx)

The problem wasn't with the downpipe being too short, it was that the down pipe was to one side too much. I didn't use a donut gasket, I just used that supplied gasket that came with the downpipe and it took a little wrestling but it worked. I can definitely tell a difference in top end since i put it on. I put my new clutch in yesterday and I can't wait to get it broke in so I can see what my car's workin' with now. Thanks for all the help guys.

Quick Reply: KTeller 15g downpipe!