Notices

just installed turbo in my b16, how should i prime the turbo before i start it?????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed turbo in my b16, how should i prime the turbo before i start it?????????

00 civic si with t3/t4 turbo kit, ran by an aem ems, doesnt the turbo need to be oiled thourghly before i start it??
Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just installed turbo in my b16, how should i prime the turbo before i start it????????? (1baddci

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1baddcivicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">00 civic si with t3/t4 turbo kit, ran by an aem ems, doesnt the turbo need to be oiled thourghly before i start it??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pull the fuse under the hood that controls the fuel injectors and crank it over for ~5-10 seconds and that should take care of it
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just installed turbo in my b16, how should i prime the turbo before i start it????????? (1baddci

I personally like to just stop the turbo from spinning (easily done with flathead screwdriver) before startup

Obviously please dont rev the expletive outta the motor in the first 2 seconds

Its very easy to stop, wont put very much pressure on the driver at all

This is only ofcourse if you arent running an intake like me or are willing to remove it for a minute

Only need to hold it for less than 10 seconds
Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, use a socket to stop the wheel from spining, or just use a flat-head on the wheel? and anything else i should know? or do?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by perlmeister8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pull the fuse under the hood that controls the fuel injectors and crank it over for ~5-10 seconds and that should take care of it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or pull the plug wires. Im about in your boat too. Start-up should be next week.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just remove the fuse in the back pass side of the fuse box under the hood box, and crank it for a little. i try to go till the oil light goes out.

pinks has a good idea, but i wouldnt want to put anything through the blades.
just my oppinion thats all. not bashing.

every install i have ever done, buicks included i have done this way.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, i didnt really want to put anything in the wheel so pull the fuel inj. fuse and crank-it for a lil while to distrubute the oil through the turbine and i should be pretty-good?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Mr. Badwrench

yup.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet u guys rock
Old 08-09-2006, 02:29 AM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats your choice

Your turbo will still be spinning before it gets it oil and depending on your setup, could be a few seconds before she sees some oil

Pulling the injectors causes the motor not to start, doesnt keep the turbo from spinning
Old 08-09-2006, 02:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PINKS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats your choice

Your turbo will still be spinning before it gets it oil and depending on your setup, could be a few seconds before she sees some oil

Pulling the injectors causes the motor not to start, doesnt keep the turbo from spinning</TD></TR></TABLE>

a t3/t4 turbo on a 1.6 litre isnt going to spin very fast on startup and idle anyway..............**** mine doesnt even spin at all at idle ..
Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Mr. Badwrench

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PINKS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats your choice

Pulling the injectors causes the motor not to start, doesnt keep the turbo from spinning</TD></TR></TABLE>

i do agree with that, but sticking a screwdriver through the compressor blades? there is no way in hell i would ever do that.
every te32e i have ever installed, and they are smaller than a t3t4, was primed with the ecu takenm out of the loop. yes the turbo spins, but there is no load on it.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just start the car, don't pull anything.

Oil primes up in like a second. The turbo will not spin when you start it up. If its a little guy and it does spin, SO WHAT? I bet you spun it by hand a time or two before you put it in right?

Of course you did, and it spun just fine cause there is already some oil inside the CHRA.

Only a new motor needs to be primed first, not turbo setup.

I've done this to all my turbo setups, this one has been going strong for over 2 years so I might know what I'm talking about.