Notices

JRSC What to do, What to do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC What to do, What to do???

I have a JRSC I'm waiting to put on my b18c w/ 160K miles on it. I plan on pushing 8lbs of boost through the blower, and do not want to worry about blowing my engine...

I know I know-- 8lbs isn't much-- but this is my daily driven car-- I can't afford to have it off the road, and I'd rather take my time and do it right the first time than have to end up rebuilding my engine or going w/ forged internals after I put the supercharger on....

Assuming I go w/ hondata and get it tuned properly, what would you do about my block situation???

entire rebuild w/ forged???
just forged internals???
just a rebuild?
new block entirely?
sleeved block?

I don't want to spend money unnecessarily. I only plan on runnin' 8lbs of boost, so I don't htink a sleeved block is gonna be necessary-- either way... let me know what you guys think-- I really need some suggestions here...

Thanks in Advance,
Zack
Old 07-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JRSC What to do, What to do??? (92TEGsrSC)

If everything gets tuned properly i dont see a problem with a 160k miles. I mean do a basic tune up first, change spark plugs to a step colder, and have a compression test to make sure the motor is still healthy. The best advice I could give you is don't put yourself in a position where if something does go wrong, it will leave you without transportation. I would run the stock 6 psi pulley until you rebuild it. i would just do Stock compression Forged pistons and a set of Eagle Rods. Take the money you would to have it sleeved and put it towards a nice port and polish and multiangle valve job for your head.