Notices

JRSC vs. NITROUS

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC vs. NITROUS

I'm trying to decide whether to get a JRSC or Nitrous. I can get a used JRSC kit for about 1600 right now, and need to decide fairly quickly.

My 94 GSR has 97k miles now, the compression is pretty much perfect, but I'm still hesitant with the JRSC because the car is getting a little old. With the Nitrous, I would most likely use it maybe about once a week. With the supercharger, I wouldn't be surprised if I boosted all day. I just want to be able to handle my own in a race..

I plan on keeping the car for another 5+ years at the moment...what should I do?? The JRSC is a little stretch as far as the money goes..but I have just enough money..
Old 07-11-2001, 06:20 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JRSC vs. NITROUS (LeeChun GSR)

OK well I have pretty much decided on doing BOTH. I have done a lot of research on the JRSC. My car has 106K Miles on it. I talked to 3 people at Jackson racing and about 15 different shop owners and they all said that the JRSC would be fine on my motor as long as compression is fine and I am not leaking or burning oil. But I just got a really good deal on some nitrous so i am going to use that untill I can redo my internals and get a JRSC. Don't be concerned with your miles unless it is already giving you problems. You shoud replace timing belt and water pump if not already done, just for insurance. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC vs. NITROUS (2fastGSR)

I say go with the blower.. it is just too damned easy to jet up using nos. You think you would use it just once a week But anyhow.. Nos seems cheaper until you have to keep refilling the bottle. Additionally.. aint nothing worse than being in the middle of a race only to start sputtering cuz your bottle is running out. Just my 2 pennies, but you may think I am alittle bias
Old 07-27-2001, 01:23 PM
New User

Default Re: JRSC vs. NITROUS (LeeChun GSR)

With the Nitrous, I would most likely use it maybe about once a week. With the supercharger, I wouldn't be surprised if I boosted all day
Bro I said the same thing I'll put a little nitrouus on my Toyota and I will only use it like once a week. That has to of been the dumbest thig I ever said because once I got that kit on the car, I was running thru about 3 - 4 10 pound bottles in one weekend. I was going broke filling my bottle all the time. I got so hooked I even bought an extra bottle and would go and get both filled at the same time. Nitrous is a beautiful thing I have been using it for about 3 years now and I have never had an engine blow on me.

If I was you I would get the bottle strapped on to your car and I would save the rest of the money you were going to use on the JRSC and invest it in some mutual funds or some **** link that.