Notices

JRSC Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Setup

Ok i have right now a b16a with a AEM CAI, DC header, and a Apexi N1 catback. I am contemplating getting a JRSC and was having issues with mics things on the setup, so i wanted some advise. For cams i heard stock will do jsut fine so i have decided about a itr exahust and ctr intake. For cam gears i was thinking about toda. Now im just learning about superchargers and was wondering what size pulleys work with the jrsc and if thats the only way to control the psi? Now i heard from a friedn that you wont need as low of a compression setup on a supercharger as composed to a turbo setup is that true to? and as far as fuel managment ive heard alot of good things about the HONDATA 3b, is that recomended. OK well this is oretty much all. Try not to flame to much just looking to learn a little bit about this beifre i decide if im going to do it or not. Thanks guys and gals
Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 AM

Someone has to have a opinion
Old 05-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Setup (J-Spec EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J-Spec EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i have right now a b16a with a AEM CAI, DC header, and a Apexi N1 catback. I am contemplating getting a JRSC and was having issues with mics things on the setup, so i wanted some advise. For cams i heard stock will do jsut fine so i have decided about a itr exahust and ctr intake. For cam gears i was thinking about toda. Now im just learning about superchargers and was wondering what size pulleys work with the jrsc and if thats the only way to control the psi? Now i heard from a friedn that you wont need as low of a compression setup on a supercharger as composed to a turbo setup is that true to? and as far as fuel managment ive heard alot of good things about the HONDATA 3b, is that recomended. OK well this is oretty much all. Try not to flame to much just looking to learn a little bit about this beifre i decide if im going to do it or not. Thanks guys and gals </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as cams. stick with stock for now. I would recommend starting off at the base 6psi and playing with and maximizing it before upgrading to more boost.

As far as pulleys go, there are several ways to up the boost. I went with the 3.8" pulley from JR that replaces the stock crank pulley with theirs. There is also stepper pulleys that are essential new alternator pulleys sized to up the boost, usually about 2-3psi.

It is true. No need for pistons but if you do get pistons, try and make them closest to stock compression, 10:1.

Hondata is the way to go. There are two forms of it out, the s100 or the s200. s100 is more if you don't wish to tune it yourself and will gladly pay someone to tune it for you and just leave it alone. s200 does come with the same features as the s100 but you can upgrade it later with rev limiter, launch control, datalogging, etc. I chose the s200 because I will be adding the launch control later.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM or ask away.

L8
Marz
Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: JRSC Setup (funky_cornbread)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funky_cornbread &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hondata is the way to go. There are two forms of it out, the s100 or the s200. s100 is more if you don't wish to tune it yourself and will gladly pay someone to tune it for you and just leave it alone. s200 does come with the same features as the s100 but you can upgrade it later with rev limiter, launch control, datalogging, etc. I chose the s200 because I will be adding the launch control later.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM or ask away.

L8
Marz</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are the prices for S100 and S200 ?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stock GSR cams with greater lift and duration, with less overlap than the ITr cams are a great choice, and relatively easy and cheap to find. Add a set of cam gears, and a proper tuner, and you can see upwards of 10whp, or 15lbs of torque in different areas of your rpm band.

here's my b16 setup.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=860253